Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing a one mouse to many...?

2 posters

Go down

Introducing a one mouse to many...? Empty Introducing a one mouse to many...?

Post by casualmousemom Mon 02 Apr 2018, 1:18 pm

About a month ago I was offered a feeder mouse from a friend of mine who owns snakes, I accepted her because I had an extra cage and a bit of time on my hands. She’s very sweet but being a feeder she’s a lot smaller than my other mice and likely won’t live as long, but I’m surprised everyday by her, she’s probably one of the sweetest mice I have and loves cuddles, something I haven’t encountered before. After the quarantine period I started slowly introducing her to my other mice on neutral ground, there were a few scuffles here and there, but for the most part it went well, I did this every day or so just to get them used to eachother, and one day she ended up getting a bite on her foot, so I put her back in her own cage. I want to introduce her to the big cage so she doesn’t need to be alone but I don’t know how to do it with all the other mice in the mix, I know I should take out the aggressor but what if a bunch don’t get along with her at first? I don’t have enough cages to seperate them all... I’m just curious if anyone has expirience with this? Minnie is a tiny mouse and she’s easily intimidated by the other big ones, I don’t want her getting bullied. I feel like I’m going about it all wrong. My previous mice all came in pairs so when I introduced them it was on more equal footing, but this is one mouse meeting a group of 6 other females...Any tips?

casualmousemom
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Stressed

Back to top Go down

Introducing a one mouse to many...? Empty Re: Introducing a one mouse to many...?

Post by Jadamouse Mon 02 Apr 2018, 4:43 pm

i would suggest trying to introduce her to the aplha (dominant) mouse of the group first and slowly add in the other mice. if the new mouse is fully bonded with the dominant mouse of the group there is a much higher chance that the other mice in the group will accept her Smile best of luck Smile)

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

audrrea likes this post

Back to top Go down