Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost 2 mice, another seems ill?

2 posters

Go down

Lost 2 mice, another seems ill? Empty Lost 2 mice, another seems ill?

Post by kmkaeberlein Sat 28 Apr 2018, 7:40 pm

I just recently lost 2 of my mice, one I think was old anyways and she started to get thinner and slow. The other one was pretty healthy, but I noticed right before he passed he had dirt specks in his fur and it looked like mites. It was too late for him though, because he was pretty cold to the touch and barely moving. I knew he wouldn't have made it. But I have noticed one of my other mice acting strange all of a sudden. Not wanting to sleep in the little house, but rather sleep out in the open. My daughter noticed he was curled up in his wheel and when I looked, he was face down on it curled up but he didn't look right the way he was curled up. What could this be? Should I be super concerned? He is scratching and cleaning a lot, but otherwise aside from the weird sleeping he seems normal. I'm just worried. He was in a completely different cage with 2 other females - not the 2 who died. I am looking to see if there is an emergency vet nearby to get him in tonight or tomorrow. Sad
kmkaeberlein
kmkaeberlein

Gemini Cold

Back to top Go down

Lost 2 mice, another seems ill? Empty Re: Lost 2 mice, another seems ill?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 30 Apr 2018, 12:26 am

When in doubt, go to the vet. The only thing that is really contagious that we worry about is URI but if he's not sneezing or breathing rough... I don't really think the other mice could have made him sick.

Is he neutered? Is that why he has lady friends? Are they showing any signs of illness? Do you know how old he is?

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down