Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fur loss!?!?

2 posters

Go down

Fur loss!?!? Empty Fur loss!?!?

Post by fancymice Fri 04 May 2018, 12:11 am

One of my mice might be losing fur, but I’m not sure. And if she is, I don’t know if it’s because of barbering, mites, or fighting between the other mouse, but if it’d be fighting, then the other mouse would also have fur loss or look scruffy. However, it’s only when she stretches or sits that you can see spaces between the fur, and kind of scruffy fur, and I don’t know if it’s because of the fur follicles that there’s naturally spaces, or if it’s fur loss. She’s been itching herself for the past week or so, but again I’m not sure if it’s something bad or if I’m just being paranoid Very Happy I attached pictures. And she’s running on her wheel, eating, drinking, and sleeping normally, and has a lot of energy if that helps. Fur loss!?!? E2f30310
Fur loss!?!? B8ee7010
Fur loss!?!? E1596110
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Fur loss!?!? Empty Re: Fur loss!?!?

Post by fancymice Fri 04 May 2018, 12:11 am

Sorry that the pictures are bad quality
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Fri 04 May 2018, 7:26 am

hmm, it might be something you want to check with your vet if it gets worse. if she is old it is probably just from aging. you could try adding brewers yeast to her diet as it can help with hair growth and overall health of most mice. if you do make sure it is brewers yeast that you get and not instant yeast as it is different. you basically sprinkle a pinch over her dry seed mix no more than twice a week.

i give this to my mice and although they are very healthy already, it just keeps their coats nice and shiny and gives them a bit of a boost.

here is a video about it... Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLO_5AI62Ek

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content