Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fur loss?

3 posters

Go down

Fur loss? Empty Fur loss?

Post by fancymice Sun 06 May 2018, 9:40 am

So one of my mice has scruffled fur, there’s no balding patches, but the fur doesn’t look very smooth. I’m scared that her and the other mouse are fighting, but the other mouse has normal fur, and they always sleep snuggled next to each other. It’s usually when she’s sitting or stretching that you can see like spaces between her fur. Is this normal?Fur loss? 93b47410
Fur loss? Dcb0f010
Fur loss? 7068d210
Fur loss? 5d3c9d10
Fur loss? 05303910
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Fur loss? Empty Re: Fur loss?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 06 May 2018, 10:22 am

She looks totally normal to me! Your average pet shop fancy mouse will sometimes have sort of "ridges" in the fur by the neck like that when they are stretching their neck downward. And the fact that her fur looks normal when she's not looking down tells me that's what you're seeing.

Mice from show breeders are bred to have their coat continuous with no "ridges", but since pet store mice generally aren't bred for their coats, their coats aren't "perfect".

Edit: For example, here is my Sugar. See how she has ridges in her fur near her neck? That's what you're seeing in your girl right? If so, that's normal Smile
Fur loss? Img_0816

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Mon 07 May 2018, 1:34 am

yeah, it looks pretty normal to me too Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Tue 15 May 2018, 10:16 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:She looks totally normal to me! Your average pet shop fancy mouse will sometimes have sort of "ridges" in the fur by the neck like that when they are stretching their neck downward. And the fact that her fur looks normal when she's not looking down tells me that's what you're seeing.

Mice from show breeders are bred to have their coat continuous with no "ridges", but since pet store mice generally aren't bred for their coats, their coats aren't "perfect".

Edit: For example, here is my Sugar. See how she has ridges in her fur near her neck? That's what you're seeing in your girl right? If so, that's normal Smile
Fur loss? Img_0816

Yes, I see those ridges. Okay thank you very much! I'm not as stressed anymore Smile
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Tue 15 May 2018, 10:18 pm

Jadamouse wrote:yeah, it looks pretty normal to me too Smile

Okay thank you Very Happy
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content