Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Living Things Food?

3 posters

Go down

All Living Things Food? Empty All Living Things Food?

Post by fancymice Thu 10 May 2018, 8:12 pm

Is all living things rat and mouse food good? It has 13% protein 4.5% fat and 9% fiber
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

All Living Things Food? Empty Re: All Living Things Food?

Post by Jadamouse Fri 11 May 2018, 1:01 am

sounds alright to me. however i would feed something such as dog kibble or freeze dried mealworms to add a bit more protein, as it is a tad low.

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 11 May 2018, 9:20 am

This food here?  https://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/food-treats-and-hay/food/all-living-things-daily-diet-mouse-and-rat-food-5219534.html.

That’s the only one I’m seeing but the GA doesn’t match up to yours. Can you share the ingredients on your bag?  Perhaps they reformulated.

If it’s just like what’s linked there, there’s a few things I personally don’t like about it. The main one being it looks to mainly be colored kibble and a lot of sunflower seeds and corn based on the picture. I prefer a more seedier mix as a staple for my mice. The GA is not bad though and it sounds like there’s decent whole food variety from the ingredient list (13) - though like I said, based on the picture it doesn’t look to have a good true variety.

FYI, 12-14% crude protein, 5-7% crude fat, and <10% crude fiber is what’s generally recommended for the average pet shop mouse. Well bred mice may have different needs. Consult your breeder for what works best for their line.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Tue 15 May 2018, 10:09 pm

CallaLily wrote:This food here?  https://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/food-treats-and-hay/food/all-living-things-daily-diet-mouse-and-rat-food-5219534.html.

That’s the only one I’m seeing but the GA doesn’t match up to yours. Can you share the ingredients on your bag?  Perhaps they reformulated.

If it’s just like what’s linked there, there’s a few things I personally don’t like about it. The main one being it looks to mainly be colored kibble and a lot of sunflower seeds and corn based on the picture. I prefer a more seedier mix as a staple for my mice. The GA is not bad though and it sounds like there’s decent whole food variety from the ingredient list (13) - though like I said, based on the picture it doesn’t look to have a good true variety.

FYI, 12-14% crude protein, 5-7% crude fat, and <10% crude fiber is what’s generally recommended for the average pet shop mouse. Well bred mice may have different needs. Consult your breeder for what works best for their line.

Yes that's the food, they must've reformulated. Take out the colored pieces and corn though. And all three of them are from the pet shop. For extra protein, I have protein blocks for them, with about 17% protein, I plan on giving it to them every 3 days or so.
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Tue 15 May 2018, 10:12 pm

Jadamouse wrote:sounds alright to me. however i would feed something such as dog kibble or freeze dried mealworms to add a bit more protein, as it is a tad low.

I have some protein blocks for them that the employee from the pet store gave to me as their staple diet, but it didn't have proper nutrition, so I plan on giving it to them every 3 days or so.
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down