Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck

4 posters

Go down

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck Empty Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck

Post by AmyLynn Thu 26 Jul 2018, 8:30 am

Mogwai was born July 1st in Pittsburgh, PA. He is extreamly friendly since he has been hand raised from birth. He is played with and handled daily. He already goes right into our hands when you lower them into the cage. Mogwai love to play with people and enjoys exploring new things. He love to eat sweat potato toddler puffs which he will take right from your hand. His other favorites things are cuddling in your hand Love and climbing on toilet paper rolls. He will be separated from his mom this Saturday and will be ready for a new family that will love him. Please respond bellow if you are interest in this sweat little boy.

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
Does:                             Bucks:                    
Ruby                            Pepper
Princess Fluffles       Stuart
Bianca                         Chestnut
Dottie                          Tiny
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck Empty Pictures

Post by AmyLynn Thu 26 Jul 2018, 8:34 am

SeeMogwai - Black & White Marked Buck 20180727
Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck 20180728
Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck 20180729

Last edited by AmyLynn on Thu 26 Jul 2018, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pictures did not attach)

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck Empty Re: Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Thu 26 Jul 2018, 7:32 pm

Mogwai looks like a little love. Of course, once those hormones start running the show .....

Have you successfully placed any of your mouse babies yet? I'm really sorry I can't help -- I currently have four strikes against me: (1) too much distance to reach you; (2) suddenly precarious job/financial situation; (3) flu damage from 2015 getting worse instead of better, so I am exhausted all the time; and (4) no animals allowed where I live and no animals allowed where I work.

From the pictures, I would say that if you don't find a new home for little Mogwai, he will be very happy to stay with you!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLynn Fri 27 Jul 2018, 12:14 am

So we have had zero luck adopting these guys. But perhaps we are going about it all wrong?

As much as I would love to keep all of them, it would simply be unfair. It has been hard to care for 12 mice. It is 30 mins a day with each mouse spread out. My daughter spends all most all of her time playing with them and getting them use tp people. I do not have the time to care for this many mice indefinitely. Thing are working now because there is no school.

If I cannot find homes for them the local pet store would adopt them out. I just worry about that.... Neutral

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:04 am

They are adorable! Sadly, I am all the way in California though and can't adopt any from you Sad. Have you tried putting them on Craigslist? Craigslist can be a dangerous way to rehome if not done properly, but if you take all precautions needed, you might be able to find them a great home! I rehomed a bunny on there that I had rescued and couldn't keep, I know how hard it can be to find homes for animals with people you trust, I spent months looking for the right home for the bunny and still never found someone with the ideal housing conditions I was hoping for, but I found him a home with a nice lady that said she had a large outdoor pen for him and would keep him inside in the hot weather. So I didn't find him a home where he could be a house rabbit like I'd hoped for, but I found him a home with a nice person that seemed to really care for him. The bunny also seemed to like her, he was very calm with her while he was not very calm around me. If you choose to go the Craigslist route, you need to put an adoption fee large enough to prevent them from going to the wrong person. You can waive the fee if you find the right person, but in the ad be sure to say that there will be a fee to deter people that might not want them for pets. I think $5 or more is a good fee. If you are really worried, maybe even $10. I advertised a $40 fee for the bunny, which is quite a bit for a non-purebred, rescued rabbit, but I wanted to make sure he went somewhere safe. I did waive the fee and charged the lady who took him home nothing. You can also give the adopter a care sheet with a link to a website that promotes good care, I did that as well. You can even ask for a description or pictures of the habitat they have for the animal, I did that and it worked well. If they take the time to describe and/or share pics of their habitat, you know they care. If all else fails, you can also contact the shelter, as it would be better for them to be there than the pet store in my opinion.

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Fri 27 Jul 2018, 6:44 am

Maybe back-to-school is not a looming problem in your mousekeeping future:  Maybe it is the solution!

There may be other students who, based on your daughter's experience over the summer, will decide that a mouse (or mice) is just the right pet for them -- and can also convince their parent(s) of that.  And that way, with your little furbabies going to nearby families, possibly even neighbors or other people you already know, you might still be able to keep up with how the little ones are doing in their new homes.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLynn Fri 27 Jul 2018, 8:17 am

Thank for all the advice. I found a local paper called the pennysaver that I am going to try. I will list them with a fee. We are obously keeping our 3 orginal mice...and probably an extra 1 or 2 females since they can be housed with my two girls. That is provided that my Nanny mouse calms after the boys are separated this weekend. Having the babies has been taxing on her and is changing her behavior in a not so good kind of way.

How fast do the boy need separated from eachother?

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 27 Jul 2018, 8:21 pm

AmyLynn wrote:Thank for all the advice.  I found a local paper called the pennysaver that  I am going to try. I will list them with a fee. We are obously keeping our 3 orginal mice...and probably an extra 1 or 2 females since they can be housed with my two girls. That is provided that my Nanny mouse calms after the boys are separated this weekend. Having the babies has been taxing on her and is changing her behavior in a not so good kind of way.

How fast do the boy need separated from eachother?

Good luck! I really hope you can find your adorable mousies good homes!

It is advised boys be separated into their own cages at 4 weeks. If you don't want lots more babies, you have to separate them from the girls at 4 weeks. Since this is the age when they are able to reproduce, they are considered mature males may start to fight at this age as well.

Mogwai - Black & White Marked Buck Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLynn Sat 28 Jul 2018, 6:24 am

I am separating them from the girls tonight. That are going to be exactly 4 weeks. I have someone that is helping me sex them...although I am pretty sure I got figured it out already. Better safe than sorry though. I do not need even more mice.

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 29 Jul 2018, 5:51 pm

Super cute little boy. Heart

I’m down in what we call slower lower Delaware (though tourists seem to prefer that switched around I guess for the initials) so I’m a little over 5 hours away from you. If my heart were ready for another mouse it probably wouldn’t bother me as much (the drive) but I don’t think I’m there yet.  I’m better but I still find myself in a bit of a funk that I’m struggling to get out of. I hope you’re able to find good homes for those you need.

Edit:
AmyLynn wrote:It is 30 mins a day with each mouse spread out.

To save time but still get in quality mousey play time, rather than play with each individual mouse for 30 mins at a time, try playing with all the girls together in a safe place at once (or at least each group, if they’re not all together). Like the (dry) bath tub, a securely done diy play pen, or a big sterilite bin.  You could climb right in the bath with them or a big enough play pen - that way they can climb all over you and still get that interaction. Or even just reaching in they can interact with you enough. I mostly did group play time with my girls like this. Boys of course will have to continue to have separate play time.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLynn Mon 30 Jul 2018, 4:02 am

Thanks for the advice....I will have to try that play pen thing.

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member