Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foster Mom- New to mice!

2 posters

Go down

Foster Mom- New to mice! Empty Foster Mom- New to mice!

Post by FosterMom Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:18 pm

Hi! I foster small animals (mostly rabbit/hamster/rat, and the occassional more exotic or unusual foster. I recently got a group of six mice - two boys and four girls, all housed together. I separated them right away but I anticipate I will have many more than six mice before long. I've not kept mice before so I'm depending on resources like this until everyone is healthy and old enough to get adopted.

FosterMom

Back to top Go down

Foster Mom- New to mice! Empty Re: Foster Mom- New to mice!

Post by chiroptera Fri 21 Sep 2018, 2:24 pm

Hi, and welcome! Smile

I can't help out personally with any of the info regarding the little babies as I've never had a pregnant mouse/pinkies, but I'll toss the breeding packet your way: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t43-breeding-packet

That's the basics, and I'm sure someone will come along with more info than I can give you soon!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FosterMom Fri 21 Sep 2018, 5:06 pm

What are your mice's favorite treats? They are being shy and I'd like to make friends through shameless bribery.

FosterMom

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Fri 21 Sep 2018, 9:27 pm

@FosterMom Honestly, I've found that it depends on the mouse! My darling Trouble loved pasta, but my others ignore it. Checkers loves walnuts, and when she stopped eating anything for my roommates, they coaxed her back from the brink with those!

They all seem to really like fried potatoes (french fries and the like), and sweets, and I've heard peanut butter is a hit, though you have to be careful with peanut allergies. Sunflower seeds are supposed to be a favorite, too, but again it's a common allergen, and I personally haven't tried them. My roommates' rats really love baby puffs- come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever tried giving any to the mice! 0:

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FosterMom Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:58 pm

I tried rice krispies tonight- only one didn't care for them.

FosterMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down