Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New mouse owner here

3 posters

Go down

New mouse owner here Empty New mouse owner here

Post by vijayparmar Sun 30 Sep 2018, 12:05 am

My sister just gave (10 min ago) me her pet mice since she is moving. I'm a first time mouse owner and could use some tips. I've had pet rats before. Thanks for the help. Here's a pic of the girls: Tutuapp 9appsshowbox

Last edited by vijayparmar on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

vijayparmar

Back to top Go down

New mouse owner here Empty Re: New mouse owner here

Post by Cyanidealist Sun 30 Sep 2018, 3:05 am

Aw what cuties! Sorry I don't have tips, but welcome to the forum! Hope you find all the answers you need!

Mouse guardian, avid photographer, lover of warm furry friends. CYAN at your service.
Cyanidealist
Cyanidealist

Virgo Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by coziebee Sun 30 Sep 2018, 1:04 pm

Wow those mice are adorable! I see you have them in a crittertrail (I’m guessing that’s what it). My first tip to you would be to try and up grade their enclosure to about a 20 gallon tank! You could get one when a Petco in your area does a dollar per gallon sale for only 20 dollars. Also make sure to get a mesh top to provide ventilation and to keep them from escaping. A really important thing is that mice needs lots of toys. I mean LOTS. You don’t even have to buy them! You can make diy houses and toys with things like non toxic hot glue, popsicle sticks, egg cartons, tissue boxes, toilet paper rolls, etc. They are so fun to make and mice love them. Make sure they have a 6.5” or above wheel. Wire or mesh wheels are not ok in my opinion. They can cause bumble foot and broken limbs. It also looks like you have them on cedar?! That is terrible and can cause respiratory infections and more. I would recommend a paper based bedding such as CareFresh. Please also make sure to research a good diet for them! They should have pellets and a seed mix. Those are just a few of the important tips I can think of but if you read more posts on this forum you will find so much more awesome info! Hope this helped. Hearts

Last edited by coziebee on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of more tips !! :-))
coziebee
coziebee

Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down