Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More ASF pup photos :D

2 posters

Go down

More ASF pup photos :D Empty More ASF pup photos :D

Post by Sam Tue 30 Oct 2018, 2:23 pm

The original eleven pups are getting so huge! They're just about two months old now and going strong. The boys are already starting to scuffle, although compared to how quickly male mice start fighting I guess I should be thankful. So far no actually bloody fights, just minor disagreements over their ever plentiful food.  
More ASF pup photos :D 20181013
This is my guy, Beetle. He's a sweetheart (and my dog in the background thinks he's delicious)
More ASF pup photos :D 20181011
This is a boy who's got a new home lined up, I just have to figure out how I'll get to the person Very Happy
More ASF pup photos :D 20181012
THis guy is pretty good all around- no home yet, but I'm hopeful he'll find one if I keep up with ads.
More ASF pup photos :D 20181015
This boy I'm calling Splotch. I don't intend to keep him, but so far I can't find anyone who wants him. He's very skittish, so if I can't find anyone he'll get a nice big bin and a mouse companion.
More ASF pup photos :D 20181014
This is the new guy, nicknamed Gopher! He looks just like his dad and is very jumpy since he hasn't been handled much. He does already have a person interested in taking him, I'm just waiting for them to gather some supplies. Apparently they have a 50-70 gallon tank all for him, and maybe some mouse buddies if he get lonely Very Happy

On another note, I took in the parents of my original four. The (feeder) breeders parents didn't want them in the house anymore apparently, so I took them. There's a huge buck I'm calling Tiger, two does Kas and Key, and two month/two ish week old pups. One little male and one girl. Of course I got Tiger in a separate bin asap, but the two adult girls are halfway through pregnancy already. The older girl, Kas', last litter apparently didn't go well. There were only three pups and they were all stillborn, so I improved her diet greatly compared to the corn and filler she had at the previous home, and am hopefully decreasing her stress levels. Both Kas and Tiger seem pretty old and have wart-like tumors, which in ASFs can supposedly be contagious to other ASFs. I went to a vet and she was less than unhelpful, so I'm pretty much on my own. She could be right, they could both just happen to have cancer, but it could be what people are calling papilloma. After talking to her about it I'm unsure that papilloma is the correct name, but I know what I read about can't just be cancer. I told the receptionist that I wanted the vet to research ASFs and this disease before we got there- yet she didn't know anything about it and kept calling them mice, and telling me information that applies to mice but not ASFs. I asked about medication to help with Kas' delivery, and she said I'm doing everything I can already (which is likely true.) But she didn't give my medication for Kas' eye infection, since she said it looks to be healing on it's own. I don't know how long it should take, but it's been a week and no improvement.  Anyways, sorry about the rant. I'm ok, just frustrated and I feel that I wasted my money.

Walk  Mice: Ramen, Gadget, Cricket, Perry, Marvel, Jeepers, Cheese Stick, Brannigan, Pigeon, Missy, Darla Tail FlipASFs: Quil, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Rocket, Beetle, Otter, Koala, Tamarack, Popple, Conifer Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly WalkGerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam
Sam
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

Back to top Go down

More ASF pup photos :D Empty Re: More ASF pup photos :D

Post by Sam Tue 30 Oct 2018, 2:25 pm

Oof, sorry for all the spelling errors. I'm tired and in a rush

Walk  Mice: Ramen, Gadget, Cricket, Perry, Marvel, Jeepers, Cheese Stick, Brannigan, Pigeon, Missy, Darla Tail FlipASFs: Quil, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Rocket, Beetle, Otter, Koala, Tamarack, Popple, Conifer Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly WalkGerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam
Sam
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

Back to top Go down

More ASF pup photos :D Empty Re: More ASF pup photos :D

Post by Beachhouse2000 Wed 31 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

Awww! they are so cute Hug

i REALY want some mice! Or just one... Wink
Beachhouse2000
Beachhouse2000