Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos of my gerbils.

+3
CAPSLOCK
scaredymouse
Rodents rock!
7 posters

Go down

Photos of my gerbils. Empty Photos of my gerbils.

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:14 pm

I wanted to share some photos of my gerbils. Pip is the brown one and Pup is the dove/grey one. They are both over two years old now. Photos of my gerbils. Win_2043
Photos of my gerbils. Win_2046
Photos of my gerbils. Win_2041
Photos of my gerbils. Win_2042
Photos of my gerbils. Win_2044
Photos of my gerbils. Win_2045
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Photos of my gerbils. Empty Re: Photos of my gerbils.

Post by scaredymouse Sat 23 Jul 2016, 8:58 pm

haha, pup looks silly with bedding on his head Giggling

cute!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:09 pm

scaredymouse wrote:haha, pup looks silly with bedding on his head Giggling

cute!
Yes, ha ha! I had just cleaned out their bin and in one corner I put extra deep bedding for them to dig in. Pup was having a great time tunneling and digging and every time he popped his head up, he would have some bedding on top his head. I'm so glad I was able to get a photo of that! Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:54 pm

The boys are so cute. I enjoy their cheerios & food stash.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 24 Jul 2016, 9:44 am

So so cute! How long do gerbils live?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 24 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm

They're adorable! Pip kinda looks like my Georgia did. Love
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 24 Jul 2016, 4:10 pm

If I'm not wrong, the average is four years? Not certain, though.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

Life span averages 2 - 4 but can live up to 5. My last gerbil, Buddy, lived to be just over 3.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:35 pm

Way too cute! Nice to know that gerbils appreciate TP rolls, too Clap .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 24 Jul 2016, 5:41 pm

MesaMouse wrote:Way too cute! Nice to know that gerbils appreciate TP rolls, too Clap .
Oh yes, they both love them, especially Pip!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 25 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
MesaMouse wrote:Way too cute! Nice to know that gerbils appreciate TP rolls, too Clap .

Thank you for your info re gerbils as the easiest rodent pet to care for (posted in another thread). I've been reading more about gerbils on the American Gerbil Society website and am definitely intrigued. The Petco near me never carries gerbils but both PetSmarts do periodically: one carries males, the other females. The AGS site pointed me to a certified breeder out in Goodyear (about a 70 miles roundtrip from Mesa), Snickerdoodle Gerbils. She sells only in pairs ($12), provides birth certificates showing lineage, proper transports for the adoptees and can travel up to 15 miles for delivery; she has taken a small break from breeding but expects to have litters again this fall. Her website indicates that she's been raising gerbils for 13 years and breeding them for 10 years and all of the pups are hand-tamed. Almost sounds too good to be true but the pics of the beasties are gorgeous! Are you familiar with her?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 25 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

MesaMouse wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:

Thank you for your info re gerbils as the easiest rodent pet to care for (posted in another thread). I've been reading more about gerbils on the American Gerbil Society website and am definitely intrigued. The Petco near me never carries gerbils but both PetSmarts do periodically: one carries males, the other females. The AGS site pointed me to a certified breeder out in Goodyear (about a 70 miles roundtrip from Mesa), Snickerdoodle Gerbils. She sells only in pairs ($12), provides birth certificates showing lineage, proper transports for the adoptees and can travel up to 15 miles for delivery; she has taken a small break from breeding but expects to have litters again this fall. Her website indicates that she's been raising gerbils for 13 years and breeding them for 10 years and all of the pups are hand-tamed. Almost sounds too good to be true but the pics of the beasties are gorgeous! Are you familiar with her?

I'm not familiar with that particular breeder.  I adopted Pip from the Humane Society - I had seen him on their website for at least 2 months before I couldn't take it anymore - so I went and got him.  He was super nice from the get go (actually the nicest most outgoing gerbil I've ever had).  I didn't want him to live the rest of his life alone - so I contacted a breeder through Craigslist and got Pip a baby boy - Pup! Pup was so tiny when I got him - adorable! I did the split cage method of introducing them. Didn't see any aggression what so ever - and I felt so bad for Pup being so little and just being taken away from his mother and his brothers and sisters - now alone in a strange place.  So the next day I took the divider out - not knowing what to expect and the second the divider was out, Pip started grooming Pup and that has been his baby ever since! Now Pup is a little bigger than Pip! And interesting enough, when I was researching about introducing gerbils, I read that adult males accept babies easier then adult females do.  And that babies are easier to introduce to an adult then teenagers are. I used to have gerbils wen I was in my 20's - I'm now in my 50's.  So in my 20's I did let a female of mine have a couple of litters of babies.  Gave some of the babies away to coworkers and kept some of them.  After they all passed away, I didn't have gerbils again till I was in my 40's.  That's when I got a black gerbil from PetSmart and named him Buddy.  He lived his life by himself and never became tame - although he would take food from my hand.  He live to be just over 3 years old.  That's why when I adopted Pip, I wanted to get him a friend because I didn't want to have a gerbil live alone again - as they are social animals.  So that is my gerbil history.  Keep me posted if you end up getting some in the Fall - if you do, can't wait to see photos!! And if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask and maybe I can help.  Have a great evening!Smile
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 25 Jul 2016, 6:31 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
MesaMouse wrote:
Rodents rock! wrote:

I'm not familiar with that particular breeder.  I adopted Pip from the Humane Society - I had seen him on their website for at least 2 months before I couldn't take it anymore - so I went and got him.  He was super nice from the get go (actually the nicest most outgoing gerbil I've ever had).  I didn't want him to live the rest of his life alone - so I contacted a breeder through Craigslist and got Pip a baby boy - Pup! Pup was so tiny when I got him - adorable! I did the split cage method of introducing them. Didn't see any aggression what so ever - and I felt so bad for Pup being so little and just being taken away from his mother and his brothers and sisters - now alone in a strange place.  So the next day I took the divider out - not knowing what to expect and the second the divider was out, Pip started grooming Pup and that has been his baby ever since! Now Pup is a little bigger than Pip! And interesting enough, when I was researching about introducing gerbils, I read that adult males accept babies easier then adult females do.  And that babies are easier to introduce to an adult then teenagers are. I used to have gerbils wen I was in my 20's - I'm now in my 50's.  So in my 20's I did let a female of mine have a couple of litters of babies.  Gave some of the babies away to coworkers and kept some of them.  After they all passed away, I didn't have gerbils again till I was in my 40's.  That's when I got a black gerbil from PetSmart and named him Buddy.  He lived his life by himself and never became tame - although he would take food from my hand.  He live to be just over 3 years old.  That's why when I adopted Pip, I wanted to get him a friend because I didn't want to have a gerbil live alone again - as they are social animals.  So that is my gerbil history.  Keep me posted if you end up getting some in the Fall - if you do, can't wait to see photos!! And if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask and maybe I can help.  Have a great evening!Smile

Mesamouse - I just looked online and found the name of the breeder I got Pup from, because I couldn't remember the name, her name is Holly and she is in Winslow. HMagee Gerbils $15/pair. Specialty: Hand Tame Gerbils and Colors. email: hmageegerbils@live.com
Holly is super nice and very helpful.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down