Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious about play.

2 posters

Go down

Curious about play. Empty Curious about play.

Post by oriaxel Sun 04 Nov 2018, 9:02 pm

So, ages and ages ago I watched a video of someone's pet mouse ringing a bell outside a door, to get the human to open it! Now, I would never let my boy roam around my home, as I have two cats... But I would love to be able to trust him to come back to me if I let him roam around my bedroom. How do you train your mouse to do those things? Pietro loves getting scratched, and loves treats, but when I've tried to teach him little tricks (I tried teaching him to stand on command for... A couple months? As well as to come when I call his name) and nothing... Though he does come out of his house when I 'knock,' on the top. While I don't NEED to have Pietro learn tricks, or run around outside his house, I think it would be fun for him. All he really knows is what he's seen through his plastic hamster ball.

(Here's the video of the mouse ringing the bell, and another of an obstacle course because wwwwoooow. Shocked )

oriaxel
oriaxel

Leo

Back to top Go down

Curious about play. Empty Re: Curious about play.

Post by missimouse Sat 13 Apr 2019, 5:35 am

Alot of patience and a whole lot of time. I'm not sure how well mice will do this as once they're out they run really fast. I did teach my old rat to be out of his cage all the time and come when called - but rats are similar to dogs when training. The only way to really train a mouse is with food.

Curious about play. D2p6t5a-b98c1398-928c-48f8-b1d4-75772e83a83b.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZhNTBiNWQyLTEwZWItNDhlMi05NTAwLTQ5ZGY4NWU5MjM1Y1wvZDJwNnQ1YS1iOThjMTM5OC05MjhjLTQ4ZjgtYjFkNC03NTc3MmU4M2E4M2IucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
missimouse
missimouse

Capricorn Batty

https://www.instagram.com/missianthropy/

Back to top Go down