Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time owner : Taming and bullying

Go down

First time owner : Taming and bullying Empty First time owner : Taming and bullying

Post by Etane Sun 06 Jan 2019, 11:01 am

Hi everyone, I just got my first 2 mice. They’re both male and I’ve had them for 3 days now. Initially they were in the same cage and today they were fighting and got one of the other bleeding so I had to seperate them.

The thing is I took a while trying to seperate them because I was scared of picking them up and I don’t know if I might’ve traumatised them. Chip was the one I keptin the main cage. He was more receptive to me in the first couple days as he would come up and sniff my fingers when I tried to make my presence known. Dale was a bit more scared and always was just trying to find a way out. I’m planning to take him back to the pet shop to see if we could return him. I just don’t know if they’ll still get along in the same cage anymore?

Also, since then.. I’ve tried putting my hand into Chip’s cage and he did this weird thing where he sniffed me and start building a pile of bedding in the areas I was resting my hand on. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing?

Any other newbie advice would be great too! Very Happy

Etane

Back to top Go down