Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASAP Need Help Identifying This

2 posters

Go down

ASAP Need Help Identifying This  Empty ASAP Need Help Identifying This

Post by Wobblesx3 Thu 11 Apr 2019, 6:41 pm

Hello everyone, I came home from work about 20 mins ago to find my cat looking strangely interested in getting something (all of her "predator" instincts were on) so I go to check it out, and this grey thing runs out. So I spent a good 10 mins trying to catch it only for it to jump out of my hands right after then after recatching it, I quickly put it in a box.

It looks like a mouse. A young one. But would it be what we call a "house mouse" ? A wild mouse? Do those even have markings such as a white spot on the head? I'm lost in confusion because I'm pretty sure I haven't had a preggo doe. And my male hasn't been reachable by anything other than me.
Should I try feeding it like a normal pet mouse? I'm lost at what to do. I almost don't want to let it go because what if something happens to it?
ASAP Need Help Identifying This  20190413
ASAP Need Help Identifying This  20190412
Wobblesx3
Wobblesx3

Thinking

Back to top Go down

ASAP Need Help Identifying This  Empty Re: ASAP Need Help Identifying This

Post by CallaLily Mon 15 Apr 2019, 7:10 am

Hello. Your pictures are showing up very small on my phone so I can’t see very well, but from what I can see I think it’s a typical “house mouse” (Mus musculus). They can sometimes have a bit of white pop up in wild lines.

There is care info here: http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t4-wild-mouse-mice-care-and-information.
And a thread with info on a few common species of mice found in the U.S. here: http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t9-house-mouse-facts-other-species-of-mice.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down