Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BETTA FISH HELP ASAP!!!!

2 posters

Go down

BETTA FISH HELP ASAP!!!! Empty BETTA FISH HELP ASAP!!!!

Post by RandomMouseLover05 Tue 01 Aug 2017, 7:54 pm

I know this isn't about mice but I think some of you have/do own betta fish. About a week ago my fish was pretty much a fish out of water. Someone knocked my tank over and he came spilling out onto the ground. He was only there for a couple seconds but still, so many germs probably got on him. Someone's hands, the floor. And it wasn't my camp so I wasn't sure how dirty it was. He seemed to be acting normal. I clean his tank whenever it's dirty (But no more then a month) and feed him to pellets. He was put through a lot of stress lately so I'm thinking that it could possibly be columnaris. My fish I would say is about 1-2 years old. Two weeks I went to two different camps which meant long car rides (1 and 1/2 hours, week later 1/2 an hour. Then like 5 days later a two hour ride home.) But this whole time he made bubble nest at both camps. He seemed happy and healthy. Now that we are home he's acting completely normal as well. Now he's starting to have this white stuff on him. I noticed it yesterday. I assumed it was bubbles but wanted to keep a close eye on him. He's yellow so it's kinda hard to see white as well on him as other betta fish. Right now it looks like little white almost circles around his head. Not like a ton but obviously there. And right next to his eye he has one that is long and that moves as he moves, it also scares me that it's going to get in his eye. Im more of a new betta fish owner so I'm not exactly sure what it is. Has anyone had anything like this? And do you know if it's columnaris or something else? Please help me ASAP because betta fish don't show symptoms on much stuff until they are about to die. Thank you so much! D:

Edit: Right before I went to sleep I noticed a bunch of this weird white stuff on top of his tank. I also just cleaned it to a couple of days ago, so I was really confused. I only saw this once before though and it never left anything on him. So I try to soak as much as I could out of the tank. I was looking at him this morning and most of the stuff on him was gone. Im pretty certain he is okay but not 100 precent sure. All I can think of is this time we filled his entire tank with like the store bought betta water, so maybe that had some effect? Im not exactly sure.

Last edited by RandomMouseLover05 on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

BETTA FISH HELP ASAP!!!! Empty Re: BETTA FISH HELP ASAP!!!!

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 01 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

It could be Ick. Fish that are stressed sometimes get that. Check PetSmart or someplace that sells fish. If it's Ick, there is stuff you can treat the water with will in turn treat the fish. Hope this helps.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomMouseLover05 Tue 01 Aug 2017, 8:26 pm

Yeah i'll defiantly look into that! Thanks so much!

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down