Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wet, smelly, soft, loose poops?

3 posters

Go down

wet, smelly, soft, loose poops? Empty wet, smelly, soft, loose poops?

Post by FairyMouse Mon 15 Apr 2019, 10:31 am

I'm not really sure what regular mouse poops should look like, as these are my first babies, but their poops are very loose and wet and super easy to smear. Sometimes they even appear yellow. Is this normal? I've looked to see if anything's moving in the poops and there isn't, so no parasites, I think. It's just super gross and I'm not really sure what normal mouse poops should look like anyway.
FairyMouse
FairyMouse

Artistic

Back to top Go down

wet, smelly, soft, loose poops? Empty Re: wet, smelly, soft, loose poops?

Post by chiroptera Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

That's not normal, but if your mice are new, it could be due to a diet change and/or the stress of moving to a new home.

I would give your mice a chance to settle down and get used to their new house and new food, but if it persists then I would consult a vet.

A normal mouse poo should be solid and dark brown/almost black in color, almost raisin shaped. It might be a little bit softer when its fresh but should definitely not be able to be easily smeared or be completely liquid.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyMouse Mon 15 Apr 2019, 5:34 pm

chiroptera wrote:That's not normal, but if your mice are new, it could be due to a diet change and/or the stress of moving to a new home.

I would give your mice a chance to settle down and get used to their new house and new food, but if  it persists then I would consult a vet.

A normal mouse poo should be solid and dark brown/almost black in color, almost raisin shaped. It might be a little bit softer when its fresh but should definitely not be able to be easily smeared or be completely liquid.

Most of the time it's like that (at least for some of my mice... I have 5) some of them have really wet poops, others have fairly normal poops. I'll have to keep an eye on them. I've had them since the beginning of february so idk that it would still be about being new. They all seem fine together, although I do hear some fighting at night. No wounds or scratches or anything, so I have no idea who's fighting. I hope it isn't stress from that.
FairyMouse
FairyMouse

Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Mon 15 Apr 2019, 6:34 pm

@FairyMouse Hmm, it's been a few months, then.

What do you feed them? Is it possible you're feeding too much "wet" food (fresh vegetables, fruit, yogurts, etc.)?

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FairyMouse Mon 15 Apr 2019, 6:36 pm

chiroptera wrote:@FairyMouse Hmm, it's been a few months, then.

What do you feed them? Is it possible you're feeding too much "wet" food (fresh vegetables, fruit, yogurts, etc.)?

I haven't been feeding them hardly any fresh fruits or veggies at all... Just a regular hamster food mix. :/
FairyMouse
FairyMouse

Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:05 pm

If they’re not new, there’s no other causes of stress, and no recent changes in their diet I would schedule a visit to the vet to check for parasites just to be safe.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down