Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selina on the loose!

+9
Unicorn
EverythingAnimal
CallaLily
stephlisa
scaredymouse
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonONIagent
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Selina on the loose! Empty Selina on the loose!

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 08 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm

Selina jumped out of my hands during cage cleaning today and ran off. I got sight of her for a little bit and nearly caught her, then she slipped out of my sight again and I haven't been able to find her now for the past 30 minutes. I'm worried she either slipped out of my room or into my cluttered closet where I'll never be able to find her. I'm not sure what to do.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Selina on the loose! Empty Re: Selina on the loose!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 08 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

Yikes! Maybe set up a few bucket traps? This Youtuber did that with her hamster and ended up catching him, so maybe it's worth a shot?

This one's made for wild mice, but it explains well how to make a bucket trap. I'd try maybe using a plastic bottle instead of a metal one so that it's not sharp, and put some bedding in the bottom of the bucket so that the impact of landing isn't hard.

Just an idea, good luck and I hope you find her soon!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 08 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm

Oh no! I know it won't help right now, but I do have a tip for the future. What I do is I put plastic draft blockers on the bottom of the door in the rooms where my mice live. This way, if anyone ever escapes, I know with 100% certainty that I only have to look in my room. Suzie is a pretty slippery girl and has somehow gotten down from my loft bed more than once without my noticing, so those draft blockers probably have saved her life more than once.

For now, leave bowls of food and water around the house and restrain any pets you have who could do a loose mouse harm. Look in dark corners and under anything a mouse might take a liking to. The water is especially important- you don't want her to get dehydrated. I would also leave her toys around the house, as she might be attracted to the familiar smell. Block the undersides of any doors that lead to rooms it wouldn't be safe for her to get into, and then check those rooms thoroughly to make sure she isn't in them before you leave them blocked off. Have the whole family looking. Good luck!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:00 am

No luck yet. We left bucket traps out last night, but she wasn't in them come morning. I'm worried sick, guys Sad

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:17 am

As long as there's enough food and water left out for her, she should be okay until you can find her. We're rooting for you!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:36 am

Well, the manager at work just called me and told me I don't have to come in, so now I have more time to look for her, although it sucks I won't get those hours in, as I need the money.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:58 am

I've never had a mouse escape and stay gone so I can't suggest anything, but I hope you find Selina soon. Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 09 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

I can't even imagine! I would be worried sick. Here are some tricks I've picked up around the way...

Put out a specific amount if food in each corner, like 5 sunflower seeds. Then you can easily tell where she's been. You can lay down paper grocery bags and sprinkle them with flour, you might get lucky and see little footprint's that you can follow. You can try leaving food (that you can count) outside your room, too.

It's likely that she's scared and find a little nook and is hiding there. If it makes you feel any better, we've heard stories of mice being found several days later.

Good luck!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:58 pm

Still nothing. I left food and water out for her last night all over the top floor of the house, and none of the food has been touched. However, we did find mouse poops on the bathroom floor this morning, so that's a good sign I guess. We checked all over the bathroom and found nothing, however.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:02 pm

At least you know she's still out there! Keep looking. I really hope you find her. I pretty much cross my fingers every time I check back to this thread.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Tue 10 Jan 2017, 7:30 pm

I feel defeated. I've checked over every nook and cranny I can feasibly get at, and that little mouse is nowhere to be found. I don't know what to do. I can't possibly imagine her jumping her way down the stairs. The thought of her cooped up in a little corner scared, hungry and dehydrated just breaks my heart. I want to find her so bad, but I don't know where else to look. Every day she's gone, I feel like my chances of finding her dwindle. I'm only one man, and it's so hard to look and look and find nothing without becoming discouraged. I'm on the verge of tears.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:03 pm

Sad That's so awful. Any furniture she could have crawled into? I hope she turns up soon.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:19 pm

I'm so upset over this. Sad I really hope you find her. Don't give up just yet! Check everywhere!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:29 am

Still no sign of her. The water and food still hasn't been touched, and there were no poops to be found this morning.

My ultimate fear is that regardless of whether or not I find her, this experience is going to make my mom hesitant to allow me to get more mice in the future. And I just can't imagine my life without these sweet little animals in it anymore.

AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

Everyone makes mistakes! Hopefully your mom will understand. I wonder if she got behind your fridge?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next