Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected mouse owner learning the ropes

2 posters

Go down

Unexpected mouse owner learning the ropes Empty Unexpected mouse owner learning the ropes

Post by WBCarson Mon 13 May 2019, 10:33 am

Greetings
I live in Dawsonville, Georgia.
I have had rats for decades but found myself with a mother mouse and her babies.
I found them in my grill late last summer. She kept moving them within the grill but never away. Hard to cook
steaks so i scooped them up and put her in an aquarium. Momma mouse made herself at home, taught the others to popcorn, ect
than got lazy as the babies brought food to her. I let her go BUT -a common mistake i have read here-I believed the young ones would not survive in the wild.
3 new mice in one cage. One kept beating up the other so i put the one being beaten up in its own aquarium.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago and i have babies. Thinking all the adults were males and not having had babies all winter it was a surprise.
Now these new ones are pretty much weaned and are eating solid food. I pick them up daily and so far so good.
I need to figure out which are males and females. The mother is obviously female, the male is also obvious.
I posted photos of the babies rears in the wild mouse section. Time is short and i really need to separate the males.

The adult mouse i have by itself and which was being beaten up i cant tell what sex it is and i believe may have a prolapse.
I will post pics of that soon.

Thank you for the great info here. Ive spent hours learning.
Sorry for the flurry of posts. Stick with me as i sort all of this out

Thank you
Will

WBCarson
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Unexpected mouse owner learning the ropes Empty Re: Unexpected mouse owner learning the ropes

Post by CallaLily Tue 14 May 2019, 7:54 pm

Welcome Crew

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down