Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mousey Updates

3 posters

Go down

Mousey Updates Empty Mousey Updates

Post by PeachesandPepper92918 Fri 14 Jun 2019, 3:40 pm

Okay, update time. Mrs. Frisby moved in with my colony last week. I never had any problems during bath-time bonding sessions, which surprised me because I had a lot of problems when I was bonding the four girls together, and it really took a long time for them to work things out. There have been a few scuffles now that they are in the same cage, but nothing serious. We have made some progress in taming, but I think she is just going to be one of those mice that doesn’t enjoy handling. It’s really funny, she always gives my other mice weird looks whenever they come running to get attention from me.

I also got another mouse. Yay! (but seriously, I’m not going to be getting anymore mice for a while. Well, maybe.) And it’s a boy this time! He’s been at the pet store for about 2-3 months now, but he’s always been asleep, so I never really got a good look at him, but I went to go get bedding earlier this week, and it was love at first sight. He’s a super chubby satin brindle. I literally stood there and watched him for several minutes, until a girl around my age and her little brother walked up. She called him a “gross little rat”, and her brother began smacking the glass, so that was it. My parents sort-of have a “the more mice, the merrier” attitude, so we came back and got him a few days later. He’s been settling in, but I can tell he’s a sweet boy. While we were at the pet store, I got to see the male mouse in the cage next to him, and he is huge. Like, take your average pet store mouse, and double it’s size. That’s this boy. Apparently he’s been at this pet store even longer, and the employees said he’s “kinda mean”. I am honestly thinking about going back and getting him, but I would need to get another cage, because putting him in my extra 10 gallon wouldn’t be fair because of his size. My new mouse is in a 10-gallon at the moment, but I hope to upgrade him eventually. I think I’m going to name him Benson, but my family doesn’t really like that name. My biggest fear about getting a male was the smell, and yeah, it’s kinda *wulf*, but I’ve smelled worse, and I do kinda think it smells like peanuts as it says in the sticky about boys.

Here’s a picture of him from the pet store; I haven’t gotten any other pictures of him yet, and this has the best lighting Ear wiggle :
Mousey Updates 3fa86210

Current mice: Pheobe, Blossom, Daffodil, Zinnia, Marigold,
and Aster
Remembering: Peaches, Pepper, Tulip, Orchid, Iris, Luna, Noche, Mrs. Frisby, Daisy, and Benson
PeachesandPepper92918
PeachesandPepper92918

Back to top Go down

Mousey Updates Empty Re: Mousey Updates

Post by chiroptera Sat 15 Jun 2019, 4:44 am

he's sooo fat and cute, i love him!!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 17 Jun 2019, 7:44 am

He’s adorable!  Yeah the boy I had definitely had a strong smell but I wouldn’t necessarily call it bad or good. It just was a musky smell. But I know some people have more sensitive noses to it. Weirdly enough, my husband -who I feel like can hardly smell anything- was bothered by it. Pardon My girls always smelled like Jasmine rice to me.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by PeachesandPepper92918 Mon 17 Jun 2019, 12:08 pm

Yeah, I’ve already gotten used to his manly scent. It’s definitely stronger, but I keep going back and forth on whether I prefer his smell to my girls. I never actually told my parents that males smell more, and my mom came in yesterday asking why my room smelled like Fritos. And now I can’t get over the fact that he does kind of smell like Fritos. Laughing

Current mice: Pheobe, Blossom, Daffodil, Zinnia, Marigold,
and Aster
Remembering: Peaches, Pepper, Tulip, Orchid, Iris, Luna, Noche, Mrs. Frisby, Daisy, and Benson
PeachesandPepper92918
PeachesandPepper92918

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down