Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selina updates

3 posters

Go down

Selina updates Empty Selina updates

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 15 Jul 2016, 12:11 pm

Things are going surprisingly smoothly with my new girl ever since her second escape attempt. I've started setting the main tank and the quarantine tank nearby each other for short periods of time so that my old girls can become curious about Selina and vice versa, as well as letting Selina watch me handle the other mice from inside her cage. Seeing that the other mice aren't afraid of my hand seems to have made her a bit more confident, and she's started coming to me when I put my hand in the cage rather than forcing me to scoop her up from beneath ever since. That said she still is a bit jumpy in my hand so I always keep two fingers gently clasped around the base of her tail just in case. But all in all so far so good!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Selina updates Empty Re: Selina updates

Post by River Fri 15 Jul 2016, 2:34 pm

Great - but how far apart is the quarantine from the main tank? No offense, but I dont think that's an adequate quarantine - viruses and illness can be airborne, so they should be at least on another side of the room.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Fri 15 Jul 2016, 3:19 pm

Two to three feet at least. And they're only kept that way for about five minutes at a time.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 15 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm

Sounds like you are making good progress!! Smile
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!