Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles

4 posters

Go down

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Empty HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles

Post by markzmouse Tue 23 Jul 2019, 6:02 pm

I got a mouse from petco (I know it's not the best place but I couldn't find another place by me) 3 and a half weeks ago. I noticed that his balls were a little big when I first got him but I recently noticed that they don't just look big, they look pointed. Is there something wrong with him or am I being paranoid?

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Snapch12
HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Snapch10
HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Snapch11

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Snapch13

markzmouse

Back to top Go down

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Empty Re: HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 24 Jul 2019, 8:55 am

I don't want to say whether your little boy looks OK or not, and have my non-professional opinion influence your decision whether or not to see a vet. I just think that it is a good idea, after your new mouse has had a chance to settle into its new home, to take it to see the veterinarian you have chosen for it, so you can have a professional look over your little friend and answer any questions you have. I actually had quite a long and productive conversation with the vet who gave my little April her "well baby" checkup, back in 2015.

If you write down all of your questions and concerns during the days leading up to the appointment, and then make sure you cover all of them while you are there, you can come out of it feeling quite empowered to take care of your little buddy.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles Empty Re: HELP! Suspicious growth/swelling of/near mouse testicles

Post by CallaLily Thu 25 Jul 2019, 6:10 pm

He looks pretty normal to me from what I can see in the pictures.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by markzmouse Fri 26 Jul 2019, 11:22 am

CallaLily wrote:He looks pretty normal to me from what I can see in the pictures.

Thank you. He's my first mouse and I was having trouble finding pictures of what their balls should look like. Since his are a lil pointed I was worried something was wrong with them.

markzmouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 26 Jul 2019, 4:28 pm

I wouldn’t think anything of this either, in the past I’ve assumed this look is age related. As they get older and more confident in their surroundings they’re more comfortable “letting it hang out” so they look fuller and rounder. I never spent a lot of time observing this part of them so I have no idea if I’m off base. Laughing

But I agree that if you’re still concerned a vet visit would be smart. This would be a good chance to check out your vet in case you ever have an emergency. I once visited an emergency vet who dropped my ill mouse on the floor! This mouse was so sick that he wasn’t even moving while being handled, there wasn’t any reason he should’ve been dropped. The impression I got was that vet was uncomfortable and ignorant, so we found someone more mouse savvy.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down