Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question?

4 posters

Go down

Question? Empty Question?

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse Sun 04 Aug 2019, 2:25 pm

Hello so I haven't had mice for about a year but am coming back into the community😊 (including being in this forum) so being that I am a teen and had limited form of income there was only so much I could previously afford anyway now I have a job and am planning to get mice again but would like to try a different diet so I was wondering if anyone has tried the supreme selective mouse food and your opinions on it? I'm from the U.S and the only sites I could find it on have it shipped from the U.K so I just want to be sure before I make the expense😂
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Question? Empty Re: Question?

Post by Robin~ Sun 04 Aug 2019, 7:08 pm

It looks ok nutrition-wise, but it has no variety whatsoever. Definitely not worth shipping it to the US lol

I personally use parakeet food. It has a nice amount of variety (a ton of millet, which mice love), a good GA, and can be found easily in most pet stores. I like Sunseed Vita Prima and VitaKraft VitaSmart.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse Sun 04 Aug 2019, 10:52 pm

Ok thank you😊
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 05 Aug 2019, 5:34 pm

This is my favorite pellet type mouse food. It’s not perfect but is way better than most other block/pellet foods I’ve seen. I used it to round out a homemade seed mix. It’s great for that but, like all block foods, really shouldn’t be the only staple fed. You’ll need to add a good seed mix too.

I personally had it shipped over from VioVet. It was more expensive but I would order 3 bags at a time (all that would fit the weight limit) and store them in the freezer to keep them fresh.  In the end the total costs of my homemade mix supplemented with that food worked out to something like $5 a month.....I’ll have to see if I can’t dig that up in one of my old posts.Edit again: yep I found that old post “Out of Curiousity...” where I mentioned food costs. But it was something around there so I personally felt like it was worth it for me and my mice. Pardon

Edit: also it or their rat version were sometimes available on Amazon for slightly cheaper I think.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Sat 24 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm

Science Selective Rat is what I use as a block for my mice! It's fine on its own, though for variety I mix it with Vitasmart Parakeet food and some other grains, seeds, etc. to make my own mix.

You can get the rat version on US Amazon without having to ship it in from the UK!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down