Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT RESPIRATORY INFECTION

2 posters

Go down

URGENT RESPIRATORY INFECTION  Empty URGENT RESPIRATORY INFECTION

Post by Aoxvii Wed 28 Aug 2019, 6:52 pm

I’ve had my mice for almost a month now and I had suspected that something was not right with one of them from the start, but she stopped sneezing so I assumed it was just the stress from moving to a new home. However today I have noticed that three of my six girls are showing signs of respiratory infections I’m assuming it has been passed on from the suspected one, how long can they last with respiratory insections? They are still eating and drinking and are fairly active, there is no lethargy and they are digging around.  I won’t be able to get them to a vet for a good 3 days due to financial issues we weren’t expecting this at all, is there anything I can do in the meantime? I have added some probiotics to their water and have separated them from the other three that aren’t showing signs but I am extremely worried

Aoxvii

Back to top Go down

URGENT RESPIRATORY INFECTION  Empty Re: URGENT RESPIRATORY INFECTION

Post by CallaLily Thu 29 Aug 2019, 11:49 am

Keep them warm, make sure they’re drinking and eating, and vet appointment as soon as possible. These things can progress quickly with mice — or at least seem to as they tend to hide illness very very well. So by the time we’re seeing symptoms, they’re already pretty sick.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down