Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse has tumor and need help asap

2 posters

Go down

Mouse has tumor and need help asap Empty Mouse has tumor and need help asap

Post by mousymom191 Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:50 pm

Hi one of my female mice is around 9 months old. Recently she hasn't come out as much as she used to. Today I saw her come out to eat something and I saw a giant mass on one of her legs. I basically have no idea what to do and I feel powerless and honestly terrible for not figuring it out sooner. I've been very busy with school. Anyways, I scheduled an appointment for her on Monday for the vet but I'm just scared that it'll be too late (I have no idea how fast these things can progress)

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Mouse has tumor and need help asap Empty Re: Mouse has tumor and need help asap

Post by Echoe77 Sun 08 Sep 2019, 3:05 am

Lumps can sometimes show up over night. A mass may not necessarily mean tumor, but it is a good idea to get it checked out. The biggest concern is if she has difficulty getting to food/water. If she is having trouble walking you may want to add some extra food around the cage and an extra water bottle just in case. Some masses grow faster than others but if it is not bleeding/oozing she should be okay until Monday.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Woot!

Back to top Go down