Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP

3 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP Empty PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP

Post by mousyfriends876 Thu 04 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

PLEASE HELP!

I have 3 female mice and one of them has a bump right next to its anus. It is pretty large. Is this a tumor? What do I have to do?

The mouse who has a tumor is the one who eats the most and she weights 41 grams and is gaining about 3 every month. She is almost a year old. She is eating Oxbow Adult Rat food (I used to use sunseed subscription parakeet food but she seemed to just select her favorite ones and they all pee in the food bowl after so I can't just leave it until they eat it or they will be eating pee seeds.

Please help, anything will do. Here are some pictures: I can't get any better ones this is all I have. PLEASE HELP!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_m8pMFAxg8ZwuhrWnrW0KbiQ-iirOQa5IoAXI91QQyU/edit?usp=sharing

This is a link, anyone is able to view it. If you have problems with it PLEASE let me know so you can help if you can.

mousyfriends876

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP Empty Re: PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP

Post by Robin~ Fri 05 Jun 2020, 7:37 am

Hello!

Unfortunately, female mice tend to be extremely prone to tumors. However, seeing as it’s still quite small, there still may be a window to get it removed if you feel comfortable with the risks/cost.

Then again, there is a chance it’s not a tumor and just a fatty cyst/abscess, so it’s worth getting it checked out by a vet to see your options.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP Empty Re: PLEASE HELP!! IS THIS A TUMOR IN MY MOUSE? PLEASE HELP

Post by mousyfriends876 Fri 05 Jun 2020, 10:25 am

Robin~ wrote:Hello!

Unfortunately, female mice tend to be extremely prone to tumors. However, seeing as it’s still quite small, there still may be a window to get it removed if you feel comfortable with the risks/cost.

Then again, there is a chance it’s not a tumor and just a fatty cyst/abscess, so it’s worth getting it checked out by a vet to see your options.

Thank you. I heard that when tumors are removed, it usually just results in it growing larger again or growing more in other places. I do not want my mouse to suffer more because of that tumor, a surgery, and possibly one or more tumors. I will check with the vet when I can (due to COVID-19 maybe a little later) to see what they can do and for them to check if it might be just a fatty cyst. Thank you! Also, the breeder I got her from said she could take her for me for better care. That is also another option. Thanks again!

mousyfriends876

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Fri 05 Jun 2020, 1:11 pm

Since you seem to have a handle on getting the lump tested, and then moving on from there with treatment options and potential outcomes, I'd just like to make an observation about something else you wrote:

If your mousies are "making water" in their food dish, maybe they are in a mood to be "pottie trained".  Try putting an extra, empty bowl in their mousehouse, and see if they show any inclination toward using it as a toilet.

In the case of my little April, I had simple, low-height, wide-rimmed, glass candleholders (two-pack for 1$ at the dollar store) to put her water in.  They were heavy and stable, and she could not tip them over by standing on them, plus she couldn't hurt her feet by standing on the wide rim.  After I realized that April seemed to want to "graduate" from piddling on the floor and in the bedding, I was pretty dense about figuring out what to offer her for a little pottie, to see what would happen.  When I eventually realized that I could just put another of her water dishes over in her usual bathroom corner, she figured it right out.  She'd stand on the edge, facing out and hanging her bum-bum over the candle hole, and voilà!  Then when I'd notice that she had used it, I would take it out to rinse as quickly as I could.  I even saw her carrying a little poopie over and dropping it in her fancy new latrine once.

It might not work for you and your mousies, but it can't hurt to try -- if only to keep the food dry!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

animalgirl555 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down