Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New owner, need some help!

2 posters

Go down

New owner, need some help! Empty New owner, need some help!

Post by charliesburrow Mon 16 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

I've seen this food recommended around here, and it seems to fit the needs of mice, but I just wanted to double check a few things! Is it really okay to feed mice only this? Is there anything I should consider mixing in? I know pellets can be a little more reliable when it comes to making sure mice get everything they need, but are they necessary?

Also, how much should I feed two my two girls in a day? I seem to be feeding them a bit too much, because there's leftovers that I need to throw away at the end of the day because they've pooped in it so much. Its a little hard for me to wrap my head around how small they are when it comes to food and treats.
charliesburrow
charliesburrow

Back to top Go down

New owner, need some help! Empty Re: New owner, need some help!

Post by Robin~ Mon 16 Sep 2019, 3:21 pm

Yup, it definitely fits all the requirements! I’m using just that atm and it works great. If you want any close up pics of the bag/mix itself let me know!

Pellets are a good add in if you want. They’re not necessary since this food is already stable but as a solid base it can work. Just be sure the protein fits; I know a lot of pellets go crazy on it (typically over 20% protein).

As for how much I can’t say... I scatter a lot and don’t measure it out too much. Scattering can help with the poo problem, but maybe 1 tbsp a day could work? Just be sure they always have access to food Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by charliesburrow Mon 16 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm

Robin~ wrote:Yup, it definitely fits all the requirements! I’m using just that atm and it works great. If you want any close up pics of the bag/mix itself let me know!

Pellets are a good add in if you want. They’re not necessary since this food is already stable but as a solid base it can work. Just be sure the protein fits; I know a lot of pellets go crazy on it (typically over 20% protein).

As for how much I can’t say... I scatter a lot and don’t measure it out too much. Scattering can help with the poo problem, but maybe 1 tbsp a day could work? Just be sure they always have access to food Smile

Thank you, that helps a lot! I'm trying to get them off of some pellets with too much protein, so I've been mixing in this food and they already prefer it! I'm sure they'll love the new one when it arrives. Smile
charliesburrow
charliesburrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 16 Sep 2019, 4:18 pm

charliesburrow wrote:
Robin~ wrote:Yup, it definitely fits all the requirements! I’m using just that atm and it works great. If you want any close up pics of the bag/mix itself let me know!

Thank you, that helps a lot! I'm trying to get them off of some pellets with too much protein, so I've been mixing in this food and they already prefer it! I'm sure they'll love the new one when it arrives. Smile
Sounds like a good mix! Best of luck!
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down