Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mouse Owner!

2 posters

Go down

New Mouse Owner! Empty New Mouse Owner!

Post by W0LF Sat 06 Jun 2020, 7:13 pm

Hello,

I have had every small animal under the sun, except for mice! I have recently adopted two beautiful young sisters who I adore and seem to adore me as well.

I seen on another article or topic here that Oxbow Garden Select for mouse and young rat is a bad food because it contains corn as the first ingredient. When I look on the label I see absolutely no corn in the whole diet! So I’m confused as to how it’s a bad food, did they change the ingredients? Along with this I feed the Sunseed Vita Prima complete nutrition rat and mouse seed food. All together I thought I have picked a very nice diet for my two girls, but the article on the Oxbow food kind of freaked me out and then confused me when I read my bag of food to see that none of the ingredients match to the one in the article.

I just want my two girls to be live a happy and healthy life, and thought I did some pretty good research on diets for them. If anyone has any advice or opinions on these foods together please let me know! Thank you so much. Love
W0LF
W0LF

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

New Mouse Owner! Empty Re: New Mouse Owner!

Post by Robin~ Mon 08 Jun 2020, 7:20 am

Hello!

I believe the article was referring to the regular young rat/mouse, not the garden select one. Still, GS Young Rat and Mouse is unsuggested as it’s hay based and mice cannot process hay well. Oxbow Adult Rat is rice-based and a great option for a fortified pellet; I strongly recommend it.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down