Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leak-Free Water Bottles ?

3 posters

Go down

Leak-Free Water Bottles ?  Empty Leak-Free Water Bottles ?

Post by chiroptera Mon 16 Sep 2019, 10:26 pm

Hey PMF! It's been a while~

I've always used they Kaytee glass water bottles for my mice, and up until recently I haven't had too many issues. But lately almost every one I buy is leaking, or the velcro on the back keeps coming unstuck/unglued... I'm at my wits' end with these honestly.

So, I'm on the hunt for a new water bottle that's reliable and won't start leaking a few weeks after I buy it. Since I use velcro to attach the bottles to my bins, the back needs to be flat! I'm honestly leaning towards trying a plastic one since I've been having bad luck with the glass bottles staying adhered, but I'll look at glass too. Also, I really really like how the Kaytee bottles have the little floating ducky to show how much water is left in the bottle, so ideally the bottle will have something similar! However obviously the floaty duck isn't the main priority.

Please link me to some bottles you like! Thanks so much~

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Leak-Free Water Bottles ?  Empty Re: Leak-Free Water Bottles ?

Post by CallaLily Wed 18 Sep 2019, 5:06 pm

I’ve had bad luck with the glass kaytee bottles too. I don’t have any flat-backed bottles to recommend but I do really like this one that can hang from the lid.  All the other bottles I use are just the cheap plastic ones you can find at pet stores or Walmart that hang on the side but it sounds like those won’t work for you. There’s also this one that I really like, if you have a platform or something you could set it on.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Thu 19 Sep 2019, 9:05 am

I’ve found that sometimes if you twist the spout on too stiffly it can have trouble dispensing/keeping water in. It should be on just enough to keep the water in and the spout on.

Other than that, I only have experience with the Kaytee glass bottles myself, but I’ve heard good things about the Oasis bell bottle. You’d need to buy the holder too, but I’d assume you could either drill a line in the bin or bend the holder to make it flat.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down