Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share?

2 posters

Go down

Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share? Empty Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share?

Post by littlebee84 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 6:41 am

It's from a brand called Noah's Kingdom.
Ingredients: Bee Pollen, Canary Grass Seed, White Millet, Niger Seed, Canola Seed, Pecan Pieces, Almond Pieces, Pignolas, Walnut Pieces, Pistachio Meats, Cashew Pieces, Filbert Pieces, Brazil Pieces, Soy Pieces, Soy Beans, Dried Apples, Carrot Granules*, Coconut Shreds, Orange Peel Granules*, Petite Peas*, Greed and Red Bell Peppers*, Anise Seed, Hemp Seed, Sesame Seed, Banana Chips, Flax Seed, Oat Groats, Celery Stalk & Leaf Dices*, Spinach Flakes*, Parsley Flakes*, Caraway Seed, Poppy Seed, Red Millet, Echinacea Angustifolia Herb, Red Clover Blossoms, Dandelion Leaf, Papaya Leaf, Calendula Flowers, Oat Straw, Alfalfa Leaf, Red Raspberry Leaf, Peppermint Leaf, Thyme Leaf, Rose Hips, Rosemary Leaf, Oil of Anise. (*Dehydrated) Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein 15% (min), Crude fat 13% (min), Crude fiber

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share? Empty Re: Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share?

Post by Robin~ Mon 28 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

I’m completely unsure about pee pollen as a primary ingredient but I don’t think I would recommend it. The protein is a little high; the fat as nearly 3x what’s recommended (5%). The fiber is ok at 7%. The ingredients themselves look ok otherwise.

Would you mind listing your location so we can see what’s available to you?

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share? Empty Re: Safe mix for mice? I use it for my parakeets and wondering if they can share?

Post by littlebee84 Mon 28 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

Robin~ wrote:I’m completely unsure about pee pollen as a primary ingredient but I don’t think I would recommend it. The protein is a little high; the fat as nearly 3x what’s recommended (5%). The fiber is ok at 7%. The ingredients themselves look ok otherwise.

Would you mind listing your location so we can see what’s available to you?

Thank you. I'm in Massachusetts.

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebee84 Tue 29 Oct 2019, 12:28 am

My parakeets also get
LM Animal Farms Bonanza Gourmet Diet Parakeet Bird Food

And

ZuPreem Natural with Vitamins, Minerals & Amino Acids Small Bird Food

Are either of these okay to share with mice?

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Tue 29 Oct 2019, 11:53 am

The mix I use is Sunseed Vita Prima Parakeet. I really like how diverse the mix is but it’s a little dusty. It can be found in most pet stores.

The first mix wouldn’t be ok as it has ground limestone in it. The second mix has corn as its main ingredient, which means the food isn’t very high quality. It’s also a block food, which shouldn’t be fed alone for variety reasons IMO.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebee84 Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:48 pm

Robin~ wrote:The mix I use is Sunseed Vita Prima Parakeet. I really like how diverse the mix is but it’s a little dusty. It can be found in most pet stores.

The first mix wouldn’t be ok as it has ground limestone in it. The second mix has corn as its main ingredient, which means the food isn’t very high quality. It’s also a block food, which shouldn’t be fed alone for variety reasons IMO.

Thanks so much! I'll look for that one

littlebee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down