Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic

3 posters

Go down

Plastic Empty Plastic

Post by RenGale Mon 13 Jan 2020, 8:45 am

Am I being over stingy if I avoid plastic products at all costs? I'm just afraid they'll chew it and I don't want my little mice to have a belly full of plastic. Therefore I've only been getting them wooden, ceramic, or cardboard toys/hides and metal wheels. Am I wrong about this? Will it be safe if I get them plastic toys/hides/wheels?
RenGale
RenGale

Creative

Back to top Go down

Plastic Empty Re: Plastic

Post by Robin~ Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:47 am

It’s definitely safe to provide plastic toys, you just have to keep an eye out for chewing. I think the only plastic item my mice have targeted is this extendable tube (which I no longer offer because of this), but they’re fine with their wheels, Sputnik, and repurposed/commercial plastic hides.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nieve5552 Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:10 am

Rodents don't ingest most inedible stuff they chew and gnaw. Have you heard of rats/mice making holes in walls? If they ate everything they chewed up they would die. Ingesting chunks of wood isn't going to be much better than ingesting plastic. Most toys/hides available for eats and mice are plastic, if chewing at plastic made them ingest it and the mice died from it then most of the pet mice in this world would already have died out. The only issue with them chewing plastic is the damage that it might cause you (you having to replace it, not being able to resell etc), not them.

Nieve5552

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down