Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store bought toy recommendations

4 posters

Go down

Store bought toy recommendations  Empty Store bought toy recommendations

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse Sat 01 Feb 2020, 1:19 am

Hello Currently I own one senior male mouse (he's three but still acts young:lol: ) , I don't usually buy toys because I love making them myself. Anyway I'd like to know what other owners favorite store bought toys are.
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Store bought toy recommendations  Empty Re: Store bought toy recommendations

Post by Robin~ Sat 01 Feb 2020, 7:17 am

Hello!

I’m in the same boat, most of my toys are DIY/repurposed! But, here are a few my girls enjoy:

Lixit Critter Pod— mine prefer it hung but both ways work!

Niteangel Extendable Tube— just watch for chewing, sometimes my girls like nibbling at the ridges

Wheels— I use both sizes of Silent Runners (not Silent Spinners—the only size that would work for mice (10”) is prone to snapping!) and flying saucers. All my girls use them at least from time to time if not all the time!

Hanging wooden bridge (made for birds)— my girls love this—although one has a tendency to shred the jute Razz

Coconut hanging hides— never used them myself but they appear to be pretty popular!

Bendy bridges— either the normal ones or the hanging ones! Just be sure to not use it as a barrier—there have been multiple cases of toes getting stuck that way. Keeping it to bridges/hides is best.
This can also be DIYed quite easily with wire and dowel rods!

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse Sat 01 Feb 2020, 9:51 am

Thank you😊
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Sat 01 Feb 2020, 2:17 pm

April really enjoyed the first chew twig I gave her -- reduced it to little tiny wood chips that were a whole lot of fun mess to clean up.  After that, though, she seemed to remember that that was all there was to that game, and she lost interest.  First she'd chew off just the bark.  Later on she'd only chew off part of the bark.  Finally she'd just ignore it.

I also gave her a cat toy that consisted of a bell embedded inside a Styrofoam ball that was covered in some netting material.  Once again, April reduced that thing practically down to its atomic components -- until the bell was exposed, at which time she seemed to figure out that that was all there was to that game, and she lost interest.  Future balls were completely ignored.

Her favorite things to do, consistently, were (1) to climb around on me, (2) to nap on me, (3) to tear up the paper towels lining the bottom of her mouse house, and (4) to run on her wheel or saucer for hours IN THE DARK.  She would not use the wheel or saucer if the light was on.

For a special treat, though, I got her something called "Peter's Veggie Salad Bowl", made by Marshall Pet Products.  It was a woven basket filled with timothy hay, with a packet of dried bits of carrots and broccoli that you could sprinkle in.  I didn't sprinkle -- I just let her go at the hay.  She could shred that hay non-stop all the live long day, and then I got to clean up the resulting mess all the live long night.  But, oh how she ENJOYED it!!

In the absence of a hay bowl, for some nice cheap fun find a dandelion that has gone to seed -- one that has been growing in a safe place away from chemical lawn or weed treatments -- and carefully transport the intact seed head and part of the stem to your mouse. Mousie should have a busy time showing that dandelion puff who's boss in the mouse house.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Mon 03 Feb 2020, 1:34 am

My mice love this thing!

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-wood-wheel-with-ball

Also, treats more than toys I guess, but they love to chew on Whimzees dog treats.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.the.albino.mouse Mon 23 Mar 2020, 5:01 pm

Thank you I got some more ideas now.Smile
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Stuart.the.albino.mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member