Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse Harnesses

2 posters

Go down

Mouse Harnesses Empty Mouse Harnesses

Post by hiscinnamonroll Sun 01 Mar 2020, 1:03 am

I've just been wondering if harnesses for mice were a thing or even possible? I've been wanting to allow my mice more freedom around the house, but it is definitely not mouse friendly! So I was wondering if there was anything available in order to "walk" my mice? I will never ever use the plastic balls for them to roll around in as I do not view them as safe or humane.

Thank you to anyone providing insight on this! Love

hiscinnamonroll

Back to top Go down

Mouse Harnesses Empty Re: Mouse Harnesses

Post by Robin~ Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:44 pm

Harnesses are just as inhumane as balls, in fact, probably worse. The issue is, when you pull on your mouse to correct them in a harness, that’s a lot of force to put onto such a small animal! With dogs, it’s ok since they’re larger animals and the relative force is smaller to them, but for a tiny mouse you could easily break something.

I would strongly suggest mouse-proofing a portion of a room or using a playpen instead. Your mouse has plenty of free range still and it’s much much safer Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down