Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where (in your home) do you house your Mice?

2 posters

Go down

Where (in your home) do you house your Mice? Empty Where (in your home) do you house your Mice?

Post by Carrie Thu 09 Apr 2020, 4:32 am

Confused Ok, so having 36 mice (some in cages atm, being transfered to 'tote homes' after today, should my totes turn out properly that is...) we currently keep them in our dining area. Note~ we have a kitchen table in our dining area but never use this area for eating (we honestly eat in other rooms of the house) currently the cages are on those floor to ceiling black plastic shelving units, holds 2 small cages per level (or also, 2 totes). We keep this room in the low 70's. Now...we live in a split level house and usually keep the downstairs rather cooler. I'm wondering after the tote homes are done if I should store them downstairs on yet another floor to ceiling black plastic shelving unit we have and simply turn the temperature up. Although the totes can still fit 2 on a shelf, they are alot more bulky and idk, rather unsightly I suppose. ugh, idk. Advice please. Also, is this the correct temperature? I live in PA, USA and in the summer it does get quite alot warmer her than it is currently (thank Goodness) so temp advice appreciated too....

Carrie

Leo Chatty

Back to top Go down

Where (in your home) do you house your Mice? Empty Re: Where (in your home) do you house your Mice?

Post by Robin~ Thu 09 Apr 2020, 10:07 am

Hello!

Provided the room is temp controlled and can stay between 65-75F it should work. Of course, still be sure to provide at least 6” of bedding for thermoregulation.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down