Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One mouse may be bullying the other?

2 posters

Go down

One mouse may be bullying the other? Empty One mouse may be bullying the other?

Post by tkstefan Tue 14 Jul 2020, 3:19 pm

Hi! I have a pair of female mice (littermates). At first, Marshall would sit in the food bowl and eat a lot, and Chester would occasionally come over and grab a piece. Now, they have sort of switched roles. Chester will sit in the food bowl and eat, and I barely see Marshall eat at all. He looks healthy and acts the same other than that. Chester seems to be a bit of a bully, so I don't know if maybe she's bullying Marshall from eating. What do I do? Do I get another food bowl? Thanks for all your help!

tkstefan
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

One mouse may be bullying the other? Empty Re: One mouse may be bullying the other?

Post by chiroptera Tue 14 Jul 2020, 11:52 pm

You can provide another food bowl if you're worried, or you could forego a food bowl altogether and simply scatterfeed across the enclosure, so that there's no way for one of them to resource guard.

However, is it possible that Marshall is just eating at night? Mice are naturally nocturnal, so while they will come out and eat during the day sometimes, they're most likely to be active at night. It may just be that she's eating while you're asleep!
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down