Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Respitory issue or loud talking?

3 posters

Go down

Respitory issue or loud talking? Empty Respitory issue or loud talking?

Post by AmoraChinchilla Thu 03 Sep 2020, 11:39 am

One of our mice, Cello, previously had a respiratory infection, which we treated her for. The thing is, although now she doesn't make sounds all the time, she is VERY loud when she does. I can't tell if it's an infection or something else.

Basically, she doesn't have labored breathing and she is silent when chilling in the cage, but as soon as we or another mouse interacts with her she begins making loud chirping/chattering noises. I'm tempted to believe that she's doing this as a way to speak (perhaps her vocal cords were messed up by the previous infection?) but I don't want to put her or anyone else in danger by not treating it if she has an actual issue.

Also worth noting: My wife and I live in Denmark, and there aren't really any places within range that are qualified to help mice. Otherwise, we would just ask a vet.

AmoraChinchilla

Back to top Go down

Respitory issue or loud talking? Empty Re: Respitory issue or loud talking?

Post by MeanMurine Thu 03 Sep 2020, 1:05 pm

A respiratory issue would be constant, I believe. Have you tried cupping her in your hands and holding her up to your ear? If there is still some congestion, it's probably audible. Otherwise, she might just be a quirky little girl. Mice are ever-changing individuals, after all.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Respitory issue or loud talking? Empty Treatment

Post by AmyLynn Thu 03 Sep 2020, 4:16 pm

How did you treat the infection the first time? Did you get an antibiotic from at vet? If so can you contact the vet by phone? They may be able to call a prescription to a local compound pharmacy. I would find a local compound pharmacy prior to calling and insure they will do pet medicine. Most will. It is best to treat the mouse and them not need another round of antibiotics than find out too late that they did need it. Resptory infection can be serious if not treated.

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
Does:                             Bucks:                    
Ruby                            Pepper
Princess Fluffles       Stuart
Bianca                         Chestnut
Dottie                          Tiny
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Respitory issue or loud talking? Empty Re: Respitory issue or loud talking?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down