Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are my mice arguing or fighting??

2 posters

Go down

Are my mice arguing or fighting?? Empty Are my mice arguing or fighting??

Post by MrOllie Mon 19 Oct 2020, 12:24 am

I recently got my first ever mice- a group of 5 females. So far things have been going well except I keep seeing one mouse (Mittens) going after one of the others (patches). I can't tell what is causing it (I never see it start, I only ever know it's happening because they squeak very loudly). Mittens will, it seems, bite and latch onto patches and then just cling on as patches runs around (or mittens is chasing but it's hard to tell because they're so fast in and out of hides). I haven't seen blood or anything and the rest of them seem to be getting along fine, is this something to be concerned about, or is this a normal group dynamic?? I've had a hard time finding resources explaining how to tell arguing from fighting with females. Basically- is this something for them to sort out or should I step in?

MrOllie

Back to top Go down

Are my mice arguing or fighting?? Empty Re: Are my mice arguing or fighting??

Post by MeanMurine Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:16 am

How long has it been? As long as the victim has somewhere to go and hide away from the perpetrator, I'd let them sort it out. If you feel that it's excessive or your victim mouse looks unwell, you can take the aggressor out and put her in a cage with the bare necessities for a while then try reintegration. Eventually, most bullies work out that being mean = getting put in the gremlin bin.
MeanMurine
MeanMurine
Jr Member
Jr Member

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down