Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheels?

3 posters

Go down

Wheels? Empty Wheels?

Post by Clementine Tue 27 Oct 2020, 6:44 pm

I have a few questions regarding mouse wheels. Firstly, at my local pet store there are not very many options. The biggest solid wheel is 6.5 in., which may or may not be too small. There are bigger wheels, but they're made of wire, which I've heard is bad. Which wheel should I choose? Or should I just skip the wheel all together and go with a spinning saucer, which I am nervous about, particularly because I have heard that mice don't like them as much? I need help!

Scorpio Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Wheels? Empty Re: Wheels?

Post by Molly_mouse Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:14 am

That's so exciting! I had a lot of issues getting wheels when I first got my mice, I would order one. Wire/mesh wheels are simply just not safe, and a wheel that is too small can lead to a lot of back issues, and you don't want to be giving your mice something that will hurt them. I could recommend the Wodent Wheel, the Silent Runner, or the Carolina Storm. 8-9 inches is right in the sweet spot. Never get mesh unless a vet says that you need one. It can give mice something called bumblefoot, and their toes and even entire feet can get caught and broken. It's just simply not safe. A wheel that is too small can lead to too many back and tail issues. Spinning saucers are a little controversial, but I think that they're great as long as they're the right size. Again you're probably going to want just around 9 inches. Because I had issues getting a wheel, my girls only had spinning saucers for a while and they actually loved them! One of them still prefers them to regular wheels. I hope this helped in some way, and your new mice are so exciting!

Molly_mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffanieptrck1 Thu 05 Nov 2020, 1:21 am

I have 3 different wheels so that they will not fight over them. I don't know if it is working (I am thinking with the same line of thought as "you need one litterbox per cat + 1more.... You know?)
Two 6.5 silent spinners and a saucer. They use them all! It just depends on how they feel that day. Lately on the silent spinners they have Been trying to run two at a time.... But they want to go in the opposite directions. It is so funny to watch them! So try to do both variations, if you have the room, is what I would say.
Tiffanieptrck1
Tiffanieptrck1
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Mon 09 Nov 2020, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the ideas info! This has helped me so much 😃!

Scorpio Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Mon 09 Nov 2020, 5:11 pm

Wow, that was a lot of typos. Um... I mean thanks for the info. Embarassed

Scorpio Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down