Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i tell if my mouse's teeth are too long?

2 posters

Go down

How do i tell if my mouse's teeth are too long? Empty How do i tell if my mouse's teeth are too long?

Post by Snoot3 Mon 14 Dec 2020, 1:24 pm

I took my mouse to the vet (he is healthy) and she said she couldn't check his teeth because he squirms too much and is generally just way too active. I provide him with chew sticks but he doesn't seem interested so i got him dog biscuits which he loves. He also occasionally chews on cardboard and his teeth scrape his metal water bottle when he drinks. Will that be enough to keep his teeth short? How can i tell if they are too long? I only see them when he nibbles my fingers and they dont stick out of his mouth when he has it closed

Back to top Go down

How do i tell if my mouse's teeth are too long? Empty Re: How do i tell if my mouse's teeth are too long?

Post by chiroptera Mon 14 Dec 2020, 7:12 pm

If he's got things to chew on and is eating and drinking without issue, I wouldn't worry at all! Smile I believe the biggest concern with overgrown teeth is that it causes them to have difficulty eating, so if you don't notice weight loss or eating less, and there's no visible abnormalities in his teeth, they're likely a good length.

If you do want to take a look, I'd suggest scruffing him; if you get a firm, secure scruff, his teeth should be visible.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

River and Snoot3 like this post

Back to top Go down