Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does my mouse have a URI ?

2 posters

Go down

does my mouse have a URI ? Empty does my mouse have a URI ?

Post by lilyandlilac Mon 18 Jan 2021, 10:40 pm

i have a trio of female mice for around 5 months. one about a month ago started making chattering noises while she would eat or groom herself. i’ve treated her with baytril and her sisters ever since (they have had no symptoms) but nothing is working! she still continues to make this sound when she eats, sometimes sleeps and sometimes grooms heself. sometimes it’s loud and other times it’s so quiet i can barely hear it. she never used to do this but she has no other symptoms of a URI. i attached a vidoe clip. is this a URI or has she just picked up a new sound ?

lilyandlilac

Back to top Go down

does my mouse have a URI ? Empty Re: does my mouse have a URI ?

Post by River Tue 19 Jan 2021, 1:02 am

URI's are usually treated with Baytril and doxycycline, this is the most effective method. I reckon just Baytril can handle a more mild URI, so that may have helped her sisters, but if she's still struggling that could explain it.

The video clip isn't showing up for me though. Is the sound wet, or more toothy? The fact that she's making it in her sleep concerns me.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down