Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My boy fell T__T

+3
chiroptera
Peachy
Moose
7 posters

Go down

My boy fell T__T Empty My boy fell T__T

Post by Moose Wed 14 Apr 2021, 7:19 pm

Hello again. So I took my boy out to say goodnight and he had lost his grip on my shirt sleeve and for the first time fell from quite a distance onto carpet. He seemed unfazed but I scooped him up and immediately began palpating along his spine, his hips and all. He didn’t make a sound and, besides a wobble in his hips which he’s had over a month now (he’s almost two and the wobble just came on without incident) he’s walking and jumping around fine otherwise. I’ve thought about calling up his vet to take him in for a yearly checkup, but I mentioned in a post during the eyeball incident that vet visits for my mouse are traumatizing for him, to the point of him getting runny stool, and I’d hate to have to put him through that in his old age for just a checkup when he seems to be happy considering his age. Thank you!

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

My boy fell T__T Empty Re: My boy fell T__T

Post by Peachy Wed 14 Apr 2021, 7:28 pm

I’d just keep an eye on him for a little while. If he wasn’t seeming to be in any immediate pain i wouldn’t worry, just keep in mind that he may get a little sore. I’ve had mice jump from distances and land on all sorts of surfaces, they’ve always been ok. Their small size plays a good role in keeping them from landing too hard. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Moose and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Fri 16 Apr 2021, 8:22 am

Mice can survive pretty incredible distances (I think I've read up to 50 feet in the wild), so I wouldn't be too worried. Obviously, if he seems hurt or you notice any new behavior changes, pay attention to them, but if he doesn't seem to care about the fall, I wouldn't be worried. Definitely don't think it's worth a vet trip (assuming you don't notice any new injuries or pain) especially if they make him so stressed.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Moose, SarahAdams and Dee67 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Sat 17 Apr 2021, 12:57 am

Oh dear, so sorry to hear you're little boy had a tumble. Let us know how he is doing when you can. Goggus fell once, about 2 feet, he was only 6 weeks, and I nearly had a meltdown thinking I'd lose him but he was unfazed. It happens.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Moose likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:38 pm

Dee67 wrote:Oh dear, so sorry to hear you're little boy had a tumble.  Let us know how he is doing when you can. Goggus fell once, about 2 feet, he was only 6 weeks, and I nearly had a meltdown thinking I'd lose him but he was unfazed. It happens.
Thank you! I’m so sorry to hear you experienced a mouse fall, too Sad but I think it scares us more than them, lol! My boy is still doing well! I haven’t noticed different behavior so I think he’s ok! Very Happy

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by M O U S E Thu 06 May 2021, 6:52 pm

From what you told us about him not really reacting or showing any pain, I'd say he's fine.

So here's a story... my last hamster, Cairdeus, was out in her ball one day. Now, I always made sure the doors were closed and things were safe before doing this. But this one time I forgot one door (the one that led downstairs). I was sitting on the couch talking with my Grandma when I suddenly heard a thumping. For a moment, I was confused by the sound, but then I thought about my hamster, my heart started racing, and in a split second I darted to that door. I got there in time to see my hamster bouncing down the last few stairs. Once she stopped, she didn't even pause before she kept on running. I checked on her and she was just fine lol. I was shocked, but she was fine...

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Thu 06 May 2021, 7:10 pm

M O U S E :
After that, did you discover her ordering a little barrel to run in and making reservations for a trip to Niagara Falls?

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

M O U S E likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Sun 09 May 2021, 4:56 pm

One of mine fell from my kitchen table to my tile floor a couple of months ago. I nearly had a heart attack but he was just fine.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down