Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wobbly and then rapid death?

2 posters

Go down

Wobbly and then rapid death? Empty Wobbly and then rapid death?

Post by SarahAdams Sun 09 May 2021, 5:05 pm

One of the 3 boys (brothers, I assume from their markings and that they were all dumped at the same time) I got last summer from the shelter seemed to go overnight to being shaky and wobbly.  He no longer wanted to go into their playpen. I left him in his bin that night and put his food bowl with treats - a pea, a bit of chicken, and some rice -  on the floor of his bin so he wouldn't have to climb to his feeding platform to get his food. I watched while he started eating, and he seemed to enjoy his food.

The next morning he was in the same place but had passed. He'd eaten all the treats. I shed some tears, wrapped him in a bit of fabric, and buried him in my garden in a little box I had.

The other two are their usual lively, spunky selves. I don't know their ages, but any ideas of why this one went so quickly downhill? He was the biggest and always the most vigorous and active of the three.

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Wobbly and then rapid death? Empty Re: Wobbly and then rapid death?

Post by Dee67 Tue 11 May 2021, 12:36 am

I'm sorry you lost your boy, I'm sure it was just a matter of age, he obviously was happy right up to the end eating his treats.

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

SarahAdams likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahAdams Tue 11 May 2021, 7:23 am

Thank you. Although I was sad to lose little Perky, I was so relieved that it seemed he wasn't afraid and didn't suffer at all. Such fragile little beings:(

SarahAdams
Sr Member
Sr Member

Dee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down