Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

very confused please help!

3 posters

Go down

very confused please help! Empty very confused please help!

Post by Spiceclan Sat 10 Jul 2021, 1:36 pm

Hello! This morning i found one of my mice (dandelion) in the middle of the cage, hair puffed, eyes closed and laboured breathing. Upon picking her up she was quite cold, her tail was un-responsive and to be honest i thought she was on her death bed as she was the exact same as Bonnie who sadly didn't recover. I warmed her up with a heat pad and fed sugar water just in case it was torpour (even though my room is not cold and none of my other four mice were effected,) and this worked wonders, back to herself, eating climbing ect ect. I come up to our room and found her in the same state as earlier (i warmed my room up after the first scare to ensure it wouldn't happen again) i have repeated the same thing as earlier and shes perking up again. No vets around me are open until Monday (at which point i will take her straight there) so i was wondering if there is anything i can do to keep her stable/ any idea whats happening to her?? Crying or Very sad

Spiceclan

Back to top Go down

very confused please help! Empty Re: very confused please help!

Post by River Sat 10 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm

I would see a vet when you can (ASAP, really), but until then I'd keep part of the enclosure heated with sugar water available at all times. If it's helping her I would stick with it.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiceclan Sun 11 Jul 2021, 2:00 am

River wrote:I would see a vet when you can (ASAP, really), but until then I'd keep part of the enclosure heated with sugar water available at all times. If it's helping her I would stick with it.

thank you, same state this morning after she fully recovered last night. feel so sorry for the poor baby. Hopefully she will hang on.

Spiceclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Wed 14 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm

Is this a case of low blood sugar?? An insulinoma can cause hypoglycaemia. Did you make it to the vet with her? Any news? @Spiceclan

Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down