Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beans got a much needed upgrade!

4 posters

Go down

Beans got a much needed upgrade! Empty Beans got a much needed upgrade!

Post by LioMeis Mon 29 Nov 2021, 6:42 pm

I wanna preface this by saying Beans is a mostly free roamed mouse (he's playing in my sleeve as we speak haha), and he only stays in here part of the day! (Also he will be getting his old cage attached to the side soon for even more space and hopefully for some good dig room Bouncy He seems to love his new home though so I'm very happy about that! I can't wait to get some more toys for him  Beans got a much needed upgrade! 1f496
Beans got a much needed upgrade! 20211129_022601
Beans got a much needed upgrade! 20211129_023016
Some very happy ears going on here Love Ear wiggle

Love Beans Love
LioMeis
LioMeis

Leo Spaced

Back to top Go down

Beans got a much needed upgrade! Empty Re: Beans got a much needed upgrade!

Post by Salvsop27 Mon 29 Nov 2021, 11:15 pm

It’s great that he got an upgrade, but I would upgrade him (again) to at least a 20 gallon. Probably more because 20 is a little small. Attaching the old cage will make it better, but mice really prefer unbroken floor space. Great job free roaming him though!

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

Nestmouse222 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cerial Wed 01 Dec 2021, 3:00 am

I have a little explorer of my own named Munk. Jumping off desk, climbing curtains, sliding down power cords, and exploring the floor I always need to keep an eye on her.
Munk is 2.5 years old and still acts like a 2 month old mouse.

That gap you have by the hinged door is to big.

My tank tops all have 1/8" gap at the tops around the entire tank tops. This lets the mice have fresh air while still holding in a good amount of heat. At 1/4" a mouse can squeeze out. Not so much to escape more out of curiousity. But having a entire day to play may find her in a vent or such. I have caught Munk next to a vent and been like. No!

Those doors can walk left and right making the gaps at each side larger or smaller. Some small zip ties at the bottom can hold the door in place so the gaps are maintained to where Beans may not squeeze out one side.

You have plenty if bedding and places for Beans to keep warm. But, I would not be surprised if you catch him out of the cage or sniffing at that opening peeking his nose through.

cerial

LioMeis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggirl13 Wed 01 Dec 2021, 12:33 pm

I used to have that cage, it really isn't big enough. The minimum (in my opinion at least) is 40 gallons, but the bigger the better.

Love Persephone
RAINBOW BRIDGE
Neutral Veda
Bouncy  Paris 
Heart Eyes  Hester 
Cookie Megan
Twisted Greta
Buggirl13
Buggirl13
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by LioMeis Thu 02 Dec 2021, 12:43 am

Yeah I'm aware of the floor space situation; I have the unfortunate circumstance of limited space sadly Worry
He has a whole room to play around in that's mousie proofed, he just sleeps and eats in there or plays there when I'm asleep. I'm trying to add a new addition soon too I'm just not sure where I'm gonna put it Undecided
Still I'm happy that he seems to like it so far! I think that's the important part.

Also yes he can be an escape artist sometimes! Though it's actually usually his little sandbox he escapes out of. He figured out how to wiggle his nose in the latch and open it somehow so I have to keep a rock on it Laughing
Luckily he's figured out he can sit near his door and look at me when he wants out and attempts it far less these days haha
He's trained and well behaved but I'd hate for him to test my cat when I'm not around so I probably will do something about those gaps (especially on the bottom door) Undecided

On a slightly different note he now has space for more toys and I may be looking for suggestions for good fits in the meantime (Maybe for lil christmas gifts?) Gotcha

Love Beans Love
LioMeis
LioMeis

Leo Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down