Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. Bald

5 posters

Go down

Mr. Bald Empty Mr. Bald

Post by River Thu 09 Dec 2021, 4:40 pm

Mr. Bald passed early this morning. He was polite, energetic, silly, curious, and gentle. He was indescribably special to me and I am devastated. I care for all my mice and always have, but Mr. Bald was a part of my heart in a big way. This one hurts.

I loved him. It’s hard to look at that enclosure without crying right now, knowing he won’t be there peeking up at me ever again. There never has been and never will be another mouse quite like Mr. Bald. I stumbled upon him by chance and I believe now, after all the mountains we’ve climbed with his and my health, that it was for a reason.

Unfortunately he had been dealing with an abscess that I believe it burst internally, causing sepsis. I decided not to have an autopsy done. I hope I gave him relief. I hope I did enough. Mostly, though, I just hope he was happy.

?Sep or Oct? 2020 - Dec 9th, 2021.

Mr. Bald 7c9bfd10
Mr. Bald Eb377c10
Mr. Bald 7fab4a10
Mr. Bald F9e11210
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Mr. Bald Empty Re: Mr. Bald

Post by chiroptera Mon 13 Dec 2021, 12:17 am

So sorry for your loss, River. He was a special boy.
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buggirl13 Mon 13 Dec 2021, 7:35 am

Sorry for your loss.
Buggirl13
Buggirl13
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 13 Dec 2021, 12:12 pm

The little guy had some big struggles, but he probably didn't think of them that way. Day to day, whatever curves health throws at our little scaly, feathery, or furry -- or bald -- friends, their response is "so this is how today is; I might as well just get on with it". That's some solace for people with ailing animal companions, although it also means that our attempts to treat them may only be perceived as somewhere on the confusion scale between mildly bothersome to colossally irritating. But I'm sure Mr. Bald (or, as I still thought of him, "Jean-Luc") appreciated when he felt better, even if he didn't necessarily associate it directly with anything you did for him.

The empty enclosure is tough. April has been gone almost 4½ years, but my black velvet shirt still covers her home tank in my office. It looks rather Victorian.
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee67 Mon 13 Dec 2021, 7:42 pm

Oh my @River , I just learned today, I am so so sorry. I know how much he meant to you, one of those special, precious souls that merge with ours and stay with us forever. You will see him again someday.
Dee67
Dee67
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/figgusnewton/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down