Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels? Empty Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels?

Post by cerial Sun 12 Dec 2021, 2:54 am

I bought this little wheel at a thrift store a while back and ever since it went in I have been looking for another as well as a larger version. The deer mice love it and fancy mice like to use it although they do run slower in it. The thing has no bearings so it is extremely easy to clean as well as being quiet. The most important thing is that the mice can fly in this thing without being flung out. Flying out is so much a issue with the fancy mice. But deer mice can run very fast. This has left me making the green wheels oblong and adding twine to the backs to restrict the speed. I can not run a wheel with bearings or a true circle. They simply move to fast in them. When they are flung out it is a good foot or two of flight often resulting them in hitting the glass which results in a "tunk". I quickly removed those wheels. The enclosed "blade" wheels have also proven bad because deer mice are fearless and a second or third mouse will try to jump in while another mouse is running inside.

With this purple thing they can go as fast as they want and not get hurt. But I can not find any more of these. The only markings I have is the little rabbit/bunny on the side.
I have been searching google images for several hours over several days with no luck. Maybe someone has had one of these at some point or knows where they are sold.

Here is video of the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV3ETpmSAWg

cerial

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels?

Post by River Sun 12 Dec 2021, 11:50 am

It’s not a wheel, actually! That’s meant to be a hay dispenser for guinea pigs and such. However, it should not be used as a wheel. Barred wheels like this pose a high risk of injury, from broken limbs to amputation to death. All it takes is one missed step, since they have to aim for the bars. Mesh is a better grippy option, or wood. Smile

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels? Empty Re: Anyone know where I can get more of these wheels?

Post by Salvsop27 Sun 12 Dec 2021, 3:40 pm

I agree with river! Barred wheels are not safe for ANY small animals. My old hamster had one before I researched more thoroughly, and he got his leg stuck once. Luckily he wasn’t seriously injured and we took it out right away. I also wouldn’t recommend mesh wheels, although some people on this forum think they’re ok for mice. I would recommend a silent spinner. My girls run very fast on it without flipping over.

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cerial Sun 12 Dec 2021, 7:47 pm

Well. I found it right away. But yea the bars are bad. So it is out.

I can't run one with bearings. They get flung out and its bad when they do. I need a cone with a hole in the center that snaps onto or slides over a acrylic wheel and moves with the wheel. That would keep them inside the wheel and let others jump inside.

cerial

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down