Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUGE cage upgrade!

2 posters

Go down

HUGE cage upgrade! Empty HUGE cage upgrade!

Post by Salvsop27 Sat 29 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm

HUGE cage upgrade! B9bdce10
HUGE cage upgrade! A88f7110
HUGE cage upgrade! 1d0adb10

Just finished building my new ikea detolf! My mice love it so much, it’s a huge upgrade from their old 20 gallon. Any advice for improvement Is appreciated!

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

HUGE cage upgrade! Empty Re: HUGE cage upgrade!

Post by cerial Tue 01 Feb 2022, 4:14 pm

Great wide tank. Tons of digging with all that bedding.

But that multicolored rope dog toy should go eventually. I have used them a few times in the past. They are great at first. Great for climbing and hanging. But the mice love to pee on them and they are a pain to clean.

Make sure you soak it in a sink or tote using only water for at least 10 minutes. Drain it soak it a second time(10 more minutes), drain it, then soak it a 3rd time(10 more minutes) before hanging it up to air dry over a day.The more mice you have the quicker it will become dirty.

The water will become more clear each time you soak the thing. Letting it soak will remove more then simply running it under the water.

If it is put in the tank wet they will lick and chew on it as well as pee on it as it smells different. Them licking is why you dont want to use any soaps when cleaning.
If you give it a day to dry out so it is dry to the touch that will reduce the licking.

cerial

Back to top Go down