Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone wants to do a good deed...

+5
Rodents rock!
MesaMouse
MouseLover
AnonONIagent
scaredymouse
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If anyone wants to do a good deed... Empty If anyone wants to do a good deed...

Post by scaredymouse Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm

My friend wanted to throw a little bday party for her son and she asked for the names of some friends to invite... and he said he didn't have any.  He's on the autism spectrum, so he has a really hard time fitting in and we all know how cruel kids can be.  So, his mom started a facebook group where families can request birthday cards for their autistic kids, who don't have friends.

Anywho, if anyone feels like doing a good deed, you can send a birthday card to this little fella.  Here's what she posted in the facebook group:

The little guy will be turning 9 on 8/29. He loves Pokemon and Minecraft!!
Send cards to:
Filip Warzecha
100 Orndorf Drive
Brighton, MI 48116
(This is a PO box with a street address, please write address exactly as shown above or it might get returned)

I went out and got him a card today.  I happen to know he also likes minions and stickers, which is what I got him.  But just a plain old card would be true gift to him and his family.

Also, here is a link to the group if you are interested.  As more people join, there will be more children in need of some smiles on their birthday.  Or if you know a child with autism that could use some birthday joy, you can post an address (P.O. box) and ask for cards  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1145149865556561/

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to do a good deed... Empty Re: If anyone wants to do a good deed...

Post by AnonONIagent Sat 13 Aug 2016, 1:10 pm

Aww, I'll definitely send him a card. I have high-functioning autism myself. Thankfully I've been blessed enough to have sufficient social skills to do well for myself in terms of making friends and dating nowadays, which isn't the case for many on the spectrum, but I struggled when I was younger and I know how kids can be.

I'll definitely send him a card once I can run out and get one! I'll need to wait for my next paycheck to come in, though. I had to buy a new phone since someone stole my old one, and between that and Sarah's vet appointment I'm rather strapped for cash.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to do a good deed... Empty Re: If anyone wants to do a good deed...

Post by MouseLover Sat 13 Aug 2016, 3:01 pm

Aaw this really broke my heart Sad it can be so hard being a kid. That's such a lovely idea for a facebook group though.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:17 pm

It's hard enough being a kid with any additional hassles. I'll have to hunt up a Minecraft card for him.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:35 pm

Thank you so much for this information as I would love to send him and others birthday cards. This is a wonderful idea.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 13 Aug 2016, 11:20 pm

thank you!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sun 14 Aug 2016, 7:38 am

Definitely will try getting a card out to this kiddo

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue Sun 14 Aug 2016, 7:59 am

Me too. My 2 granddaughters are autistic, and also my great grandson. I will definitely send a card, with a little something in it.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 14 Aug 2016, 8:52 am

He likes Pokemon and minecraft? Sounds like my kinda kid! Of course I'll send him a card. Smile

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Sun 14 Aug 2016, 9:24 am

Alright, paycheck is in. I'll be heading to Target later today. I'll get him a card and probably a gift too.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde Sun 14 Aug 2016, 3:08 pm

Aww what a great a idea, My brother has Asperger's syndrome (high functioning autism) and he went through a quite a bit when he was younger. I was a bit to young to understand all of it.

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 14 Aug 2016, 7:27 pm

Very kind, thank you!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:49 am

Scaredy, have you heard from your friend? Did Filip receive a boatload of cards?

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:33 am

Yes, I did hear, and yes he did! He really liked it. I mean who doesn't! I'm old and I still get super excited when i get cards in the mail Smile

Here is her quote: "Hello Friends! Cards and gifts have started coming in for Filip. Thank you to everyone! I cannot explain in words his excitement when opening them!"

Also "a friend" gave Filip money, which he really liked, lol.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 02 Sep 2016, 10:42 am

That's great news! So glad her idea paid off for Filip. It was fun to browse kids birthday cards -- at least I was able to recognize about 90% of the superheroes, cartoon and video game characters that were the focus of most of them; I ended up sending him a dinosaur-themed card 'cause, what the heck, I volunteer at a dinosaur-heavy museum!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next