Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new boy!!

+12
EverythingAnimal
CallaLily
CinnamonPearl
MouseLover
Snootietoots
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
Rodents rock!
essentiallysue
scaredymouse
Peachy
AnonymousMouseOwner
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My new boy!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My new boy!!

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 29 Aug 2016, 10:07 am

Oooooooooh he is so CUTE! I love his pattern? Is he a poor Himalayan or a broken agouti?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 Aug 2016, 1:36 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:Oooooooooh he is so CUTE! I love his pattern? Is he a poor Himalayan or a broken agouti?
Thanks! I'm really not sure what he is! He does look to be a lot like a Himalayan though, so that would be my best guess.

He's so sleepy ♥
My new boy!! - Page 2 Img_9723
Here's his new stuff!
My new boy!! - Page 2 Img_9725
My new boy!! - Page 2 Img_9724

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 Aug 2016, 3:35 pm

Congrats!  He's adorable.

Aren't Himalayan and Siamese supposed to have pink or ruby eyes? Or is it just the lighting that make his eyes look dark? (or am I remembering wrong?)

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 Aug 2016, 3:41 pm

CallaLily wrote:Congrats!  He's adorable.

Aren't Himalayan and Siamese supposed to have pink or ruby eyes?  Or is it just the lighting that make his eyes look dark? (or am I remembering wrong?)
Thanks!

I've seen them with and without, but his eyes are black. Maybe the show quality ones have ruby eyes? Not sure... Do we have any mouse color experts here? Razz

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 29 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

There's the descriptions on the variety page. But I don't think our members who have the most experience check in very often. Maybe one will pop in soon with an answer. Either way he's super cute!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Mon 29 Aug 2016, 4:11 pm

Congratulations on welcoming a new member! Reminds me of my Millie, who is still not tame at all. Same kind of color and pattern but a bit more brown and a less Siamese-y look.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 29 Aug 2016, 4:14 pm

What a cutie pie! I love that name, too. It fits him so well!

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

I put my hand in the cage and he thumped his foot on the ground really hard, then slapped his tail on the ground a few times, are these warning behaviors? If he's warning me not to pick him up, I don't blame him, the pet shop employees grabbed him by the tip of his tail to pick him up... Neutral

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 29 Aug 2016, 4:51 pm

The tail thumping is generally a warning to stay away. Not sure about foot thumping. In rabbits it indicates stress. Perhaps its the same for mice?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 Aug 2016, 4:54 pm

River wrote:The tail thumping is generally a warning to stay away. Not sure about foot thumping. In rabbits it indicates stress. Perhaps its the same for mice?
Hmm... Do you think I should continue trying this taming session or give him some more time to settle in? He's getting pretty brave, he doesn't run away when he sees me like my girls did at first. Don't Know

Edit: Now he does the tail thumping to me just when I sit in front of the tank, it's strange, he wasn't doing it last night! Confused

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 29 Aug 2016, 5:38 pm

Have you let him settle in for a full 24 hours? I would do that first, and then begin interacting with him.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 29 Aug 2016, 5:42 pm

River wrote:Have you let him settle in for a full 24 hours? I would do that first, and then begin interacting with him.
No, just overnight, so I'll leave him alone for while and try again later. Thanks! Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 29 Aug 2016, 8:55 pm

Leave him alone for a few days. Most mice need that much time to settle in. I've only ever started taming after 24 hours with mice who are completely calm and already have some degree of tameness, which surprisingly has been most of my mice. O__O

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse Tue 30 Aug 2016, 8:12 am

He's so cute! He ran for two hours on the wheel? That's insane! I wonder if he will still have that kind of energy as he gets older :

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 30 Aug 2016, 11:24 am

he's basically hissing at you. i've only had 2 tail-rattlers and they had such strong personalities. Such brave little brats! It takes a brave little mouse to stand his ground, stare down a giant, and rattle a tail, when most mice would just run and hide.

give him a couple of days to settle in... but sometimes you'll get a tail-rattler who is just testing the water. they are so darn smart, he may very well be testing how dominant you are. so if it keeps up, keep that in mind.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum