Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My heart

+2
Artistwolf
Mouseketeers
6 posters

Go down

My heart Empty My heart

Post by Mouseketeers Sun 18 Sep 2016, 11:34 pm

I don't get attached to my pets, I know I know. I am not saying I don't love them, I don't appreciate or spoil them. That I don't get upset when they move on or die. I have just never had this huge cliche emotional attachment to any of them.
I am not a psychopath I promise  Razz I work with horses, I have always had pets and they have always been very spoilt pets. My fish eat better than I do.. ( the truth in that hurts lol )

However seven years ago a horse literally walked into my life. I wasn't ready for commitment, I argued with her from day one. She took hours to catch, she argued with me. Her intelligence matched my own and it irked me to no end to constantly be outsmarted by an animal I have spent my life trying to figure out. All in all a humbling experience Razz

Long story short she have problem after problem, leg issues, hoof issues, eye issues, skin issues. Four years ago after months of x-rays, playing with her hooves, choir's, vets, medicines ( enough to write a book with ). I gave up. There was no issue that we could see yet she couldn't walk. She stopped eating and simply stood on three legs all day. So of course I figured there was no other option. I turned her back out into a green paddock one last time. I took a few days away from her and on D day I went to go catch her. My pony that had been running away from me ( only me mind you Twisted ) for three years ( even on three legs ). Came running up to me when I called. Running on four legs, legs that days ago she hadn't been able to stand on even with medication. Rolling Eyes <<<<< Only this mare, her entire goal in life was to play with my emotions I swear!

Anyways many years have passed, some days I still can't catch her. Some days I still want to kill her. Sometimes I go weeks with out seeing her. But she has always been the independent little thing. The more often I see her, the more often she seems to injure herself. One day I will have to tell you all how she tried to remove her eye on two separate occasions. Or how she stabbed herself in the sole of her hoof with the nail of her own shoe ( Without removing the shoe) Rolling Eyes

No matter how long I leave her to her own devices she is still my shadow, my dog in disguise. We can go for runs with no gear on, a whistle is all it ever took to call her back. I can ask her to stand and she will stand all day, we can still play tag and no matter what I ask she will do it without question. Be it jumping off cliffs into dams with me or something as simple as working at liberty. For me who has always had work horses, only really wanted work horses. Never bought into the romantic at liberty, horses as friends thing. It is still bizarre that it worked out like this.

Anyways! My favourite pic of us to celebrate her final retirement place. A massive 50 acre paddock with the best views, shared only with a few other horses that she is already enjoying bossing around. A paddock I get to see through my office window at work Heart Eyes

There will never ever be another horse like her. I watch people spend hours a day for years at a time to try and achieve with their animals what this one gave willingly to someone who never even realised she wanted it.

My heart IMG_9675_zps1sobk5qe
Mouseketeers
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

My heart Empty Re: My heart

Post by Artistwolf Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:56 am

That's such a sweet, heartwarming story. Thank you so much for sharing. She's a beautiful horse Smile

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:39 am

She sounds like such a character! Laughing Horse stories are the best. She's very pretty.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 19 Sep 2016, 11:19 am

Great story! She's absolutely gorgeous -- such a classic golden buckskin!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:43 pm

I liked that story Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:24 am

Very pretty horse and a great story. Thank you for sharing.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down