Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

Any thoughts? Empty Any thoughts?

Post by scaredymouse Sun 06 Nov 2016, 8:17 am

So, I know there isn't a right answer for this. Olivia needs to be introduced to the colony. But Furgie is so close to death... although she just keeps hanging on. I was originally going to wait for Furgs to die. Then a week later introduce Olivia. But I don't want to make Olivia be alone any longer than she has to be, she's been alone a long, long time.

I could introduce her today and just do it. Animal in the wild come and go, regardless of these things. I don't think the colony will any more/less open to a new female at this time. But she will love Furgie and have to lose her quickly.

Or, I could wait for who knows how long for Furg to die, Then wait a week and bring in Olivia. The colony may not like her because they grieving and sorting our the hierarchy and now theirs a new mouse to fit in. And Olivia has to continue to be lone.

Anyone have any thoughts on this matter. It's not something I've encountered before, I would have never went out and got a new mouse during something like this. But, as you know, Olivia found me.... so we find ourselves in this situation.

At the end of the day, mice always surprise me. So, no matter what I do, they are doing to do what they do and then I will act accordingly. If Furgs keeps having a good day, I was planning on plopping them in a neutral environment and getting it over with tonight. Livs had a rough life and she's lonely. She's also a brave and confident mouse, much like Jellybean. If Bitsy behaves herself, Olivia should slip right into the colony.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Any thoughts? Empty Re: Any thoughts?

Post by Peachy Sun 06 Nov 2016, 9:34 am

Eek. I don't like to do introductions with older mice because I don't want them to stress, but if you think they'll accept Olivia peacefully I'd give it a go. What a tough call. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 06 Nov 2016, 12:14 pm

Riiiiggt!?! Furgie won't stress, I don't think. But she might get excited and that's just ad bad. I was talking to the hubby about it and we decided that we have to do what's best for the colony and Olivia. We all know I love Furg to bits but she's I can't let her stop something that needs to happen. It will kill me if I find Furgie dead tomorrow morning but that could have happened anyway! I'll pull Liv out at the first sign of trouble. I really don't thing Furg cares one bit. She's in her own world now. And Liv is starting to get depressed.

Keep your fingers crossed! I'll be with them all night.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport Sun 06 Nov 2016, 1:38 pm

I wish you the best!
CanadianExport
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Sun 06 Nov 2016, 1:43 pm

I think you're doing the right thing, scaredymouse. Poor Olivia has had such a hard life so far, she deserves a chance to be with sisters. She may smell "different" due to residual medication in her system, as well as the still healing head wound, but she seems to be a very gentle lady so that should go a long way toward her being accepted by the colony. If she's a nurturer, her presence may give Furgie even more comfort in her decline. Keep us posted.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 06 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

Well, little Furg seems to have taken a turn this afternoon, so we're gonna hold off. I've been telling her to go into the light! Maybe today is the day. But yes, Liv seems really gentle. And my colony had had a lot of medical issues and they have always been very nurturing to other mice who are sick. After Delilah's stroke, the others helped her stand to get water! It's incredible to watch them care for each other. I think they'll love her. My only concern is Bitsy, she doesn't like change. But when she warms up, she will love you forever and care for you on your death bed.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 06 Nov 2016, 2:59 pm

So sorry to hear Furgie is doing poorly. I think if she perks up, you should introduce. But if she doesn't recover from this turn, then wait and introduce Olivia when the time is right.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down