Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

5 posters

Go down

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene Empty Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

Post by MesaMouse Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

Long story short, the 8 year old orange cat I'd hoped for at Animal Control didn't work out (dental issues) but the 10 year old tortie in the next kennel turned out to be ideal! The poor lady had been there for 35 days, surrendered by her owner (!!!), but was still happy to give headbutts through the bars and purr happily when her cheeks and ears were scratched. According to the kennel notes, her name was "Tiger" but, as she didn't exhibit any response to that name, it was safe to rename her "Miss Pussens", a name she seems to like. And here she is:

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene 015_zps9uiuqki9

Looking very, very thin -- all skin and bones, poor girl
Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene 014_zpsnkzxbesb

It's hard to get good pictures of Tortoiseshell cats because of their crazy patterns. Miss P looks different on one side than she does on the other! Her feet are also multi-patterned so it's almost like having a paisley cat or some Op Art feline Haha .

She's been eating, drinking and eliminating very well thus far and will be examined by my vet, Dr. Danner, on Tuesday for (I hope) a clean bill of health. She had her shots at Animal Control so now that she's quite content in her new home (she even slept at the foot of the bed, on and off, last night), it's time to fatten her up as petting bones is no fun. Miss Pussens hasn't seen Imogene yet (I've kept the door to Imo's room closed) but is aware something is in there, either by sound or smell.

Bonus Pics of Imogene!

Her "Are you lookin' at me?" face
Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene 008_zpsymme6c0u

Always trying to escape, this time by trying to climb the water bottle (something she has now mastered!)
Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene 005_zpsxipbhy67

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene Empty Re: Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

Post by CallaLily Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:51 pm

Oh Miss Pussens is a very pretty gal. I know you'll have her looking and feeling healthy in no time. I hope her check up goes well. Imogene looks like a very fun and silly ham.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene Empty Re: Meet Miss Pussens + Bonus Pics of Imogene

Post by Peachy Sat 19 Nov 2016, 5:47 pm

She's pretty! And she looks more like a Miss Pussens than a Tiger. Razz After I adopted Missy I read somewhere that changing a shelter pets name might be a good thing, especially if they were in a bad home before. Thought it was interesting. lol

Imogene has a nice face. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 20 Nov 2016, 7:43 pm

I love cat headbutts and purrs Love she sounds very affectionate! Welcome home Miss P Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:45 am

Sweet old girl. She'll be chubby in no time... at least that's what happens to all the cats that come into my house!

Oh Imogene... water bottles are not a toy! Lady hams *love* their water bottles Smile

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down